What is the purpose of the job?
• Our business has taken a step change in its C&H Supply Chain Planning capability to ensure we are planning the supply chain and logistics operation with the right balance between commercial benefits, cost initiatives and operational efficiencies.
• This role is responsible for building and agreeing accurate C&H site intake plans from a Donington perspective and demand requirements from a ECOM perspective, including but not limited to managing the modelling and analytics which underpin the plans, recommending appropriate changes to meet the needs of the business, addressing operational challenges when required and working across the business to drive further accuracy in the plans.
Key accountabilities and measures
• Pro-actively support and run the C&H Intake Planning processes, including launch, in-season, reduced and promotion planning.
• Responsible for managing and engaging with business operations and Donington on Intake Planning.
• Modelling of intake and demand for Donington to identify breaches, opportunities to smooth and setting shape of the week
• Producing allocation plans to agree site intake requirements on behalf of and in conjunction with BU’s
• Agreeing capacities and understanding site capabilities to maximise operational cost benefits at all times
• Setting and monitoring prioritisation parameters, including the prioritisation of trailers in the yard
• Identifying planning inaccuracies and providing analytics and insights into root causes to inaccuracies, helping define KPIs for allocation input owners and providing clear and visible tracking against KPIs
• Providing management information for BUs on forward planning and planning inaccuracies
• Detailed launch/peak planning with a focus on maximising availability online
• Consult on network design and development of the logistics plans & strategies and how they impact on allocation planning
• Support current Launch Availability and demand planning improvements and reporting for ECOM.
• Ad-hoc requests supporting delivery of the following business outcomes;
• (a) ensure we maximise the availability improvements from recent and planned investments, ensuring we are tracking progress against plan and proactively resolving any issues
• (b) support ongoing operational efficiencies in the Supply Chain and Logistics network
• (c) support in the setting of forward demand views against intake plans to ensure minimal stock building
• Contribute to the development of new ideas & insight with the team
• Scope is Donington from an inbound perspective and outbound for ECOM. Excludes Foods. Technical skills/business skills required
• Experience in Supply Chain Planning principles and practices
• Knowledge of business IT and MI systems, e.g. Spotfire (Dispatch Planning Model and Daily Allocation), Business Objects
• JDA knowledge is essential
• Knowledge of logistics distribution networks and planning
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Knowledge of Demand Forecasting.
• Excellent stakeholder management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Commercial acumen
• Good analytical skills
• Time management
• Organisational Skills
Key relationships and stakeholders
• Demand Fulfilers and Mangers
• Online trading managers and broader team
• C&H Logistics Operations
• Supply Chain Managers
• C&H Logistics Network Planning
• Site based planning teams
• M&S.com Logistics
• IT MI Support
• Transition Teams