Our Clothing & Home Supply Chain & Logistics Teams are right at the heart of our ability to deliver the products our customers want through a service they love. As shopping habits continue to change, it has enabled our transformation into a truly multi-channel retailer.
We now have an opportunity for an Operations Controller (Containers) to join our M&S Logistics Planning Team based at our East Midlands Distribution Centre in Castle Donington.
In this role your key responsibilities, amongst others, will include to:-
• Manage and plan the network on a day to day basis, including resource management by site in line with the LPC requirement.
• Effectively book container moves to synchronise with the rest of the M&S Network
• Provide real time monitoring to ensure that work is being completed by the local transport offices
• Make changes to routes efficiently to ensure that all work is completed on time and in full
• Monitor delivery performance into sites and liaise with warehousing / supplier functions across supply chain
• Interrogate systems to provide management information and carry out analysis as required
• Support the team in achieving both individual and team SLAs & KPIs
• Ensure network compliance by site
To succeed in this role you will ideally have an understanding of how network logistics work including Freight and Logistics operations however training will be provided to the successful candidate.
You will have great communication skills with the ability to organise and prioritise across multiple disciplines, you’ll be comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels and very much enjoy working as part of a team. Please note that this role be required to undertake night shifts on occasion, advance warning regarding this will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our business at an exciting time of transformation and change and in exchange for your experience we will reward you with a competitive salary and market leading benefits package.
We are an inclusive employer and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy which starts with our recruitment and selection process.