Procurement is the act of obtaining something for business purposes and can cover a whole range of areas including assets, supplies, skills and services for the business to continue its smooth operation. Our aim at DHL is it to work collaboratively on new procurement strategies with customers and suppliers - to develop initiatives which deliver quality and value to the NHS!
Our Procurement graduates will rotate for 2x 12 month placements, having the opportunity to work in both our Buying and Contracting teams. This will ensure you have an all rounded experience of Procurement in our business, and support you in making some decisions about the direction you would like to take your career in the future. The ultimate end goal of the Program is developing into a Buyer or Contracting Manager.
Most of the learning occurs on the job, when graduates are faced with real life daily challenges and responsibility. This is supported by our structured graduate management training programme, where you will have the opportunity to meet and work with graduates from all of our programme streams, developing your management skills and later on in the programme work on a real life business project with exposure to a completely different area of the business. We will also support you in obtaining your CIPS professional qualification.
Our graduates are empowered to take the initiative, be inquisitive, ask questions and make changes. You will actively get involved in different teams and given the change to achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business, customers and the environment.
What the programme looks like:
• 24 month program
• 2 x 12 month placements, working in both our Buying and Contracting functions
• Structured roles with early responsibility and fast progression
• A framework of personal development modules focusing on managerial skills
• Support to complete the CIPS qualification
• Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
• Placements will be based in Normanton or Chester, and you will also be required to undertake some travel across other sites
• 2:2 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) in any discipline
• Passion and motivation to start and develop a career within the Buying/Contracting industry in the UK market
• Flexible in approach to work with different people across multiple locations
• Must be fluent in English
• Good sense of business acumen and commercial awareness
• Be inquisitive and want to learn
• Analytical skills are highly advantageous for this role
• Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
• Excellent presentation skills, with proficiency in IT & Excel
• Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the program
• Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments with a passion for working with people and being a team player
• Happy to be based in Normanton and/or Chester, and undertake some travel in role
• Must hold a valid UK driving licence at the start of the programme
• Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the programme
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.