PHARMA LOGISTICS MANAGER
230 mio! That’s the number of units of eye drops, eye-ointments, visco-elastic syringes and biotech pharmaceuticals that we manufacture on our production site. As Logistics Manager, you’re responsible to ensure perfect seamless execution of all our deliveries to our customers and guarantee on time deliveries of inbound flow for our production site.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
• Building and maintaining a strong team and high engagement through training, coaching, empowerment and development. (+- 10 FTE)
• Responsible for: managing all inbound and outbound logistics, financial/operations performance of the delivery activities including analytics and actions for continuous improvement.
• Work closely with global team in the selection and implementation of new logistic service providers to improve service levels and optimize transport costs
• Make operational agreements with transport companies, airlines, courier companies and shipping companies.
• Lead freight selections and negotiation for inbound and domestic flows
• Responsible for all trade compliance activities:
• Work closely with colleagues from customer service and warehouse to ensure logistics processes are running as smoothly and efficiently as possible
• Take a leading role in the implementation of new software to optimize transport and processes
• Initiate and lead service improvement initiatives. Create a pipeline of ideas that continuously improve results in transportation and transportation cost, and on-time delivery
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Master degree in Transportation, Supply Chain Business Administration or related experience
• Experience of 5+years in transportation and/or supply network optimization is required
• You have excellent knowledge of English, Dutch is a strong assets and highly appreciated
• As a people manager, you know how to motivate and develop your team. You succeed in building strong teams and leading to success
• Demonstrate effective project management (new software implementation) and priority setting skills.
• You have good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Desirable requirements: (2 nice to)
• Experience in Pharma sector
• Experience in manufacturing
We offer you a challenging, international and interdisciplinary work environment. Investment in people is a priority for Novartis. We offer a range of possibilities for personal development and career opportunities within the group to motivated, qualified people. We offer you a competitive salary and benefit package. Your office will be based in Puurs. Novartis supports a flexible work-life integration.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.