or the role of Planner you will be responsible for ensuring that you facilitate, plan and implement warehouse re-designs and inventory management in accordance with DHL Business Objectives and customer requirements.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Support meetings with DHL management and the customer regarding project implementations
• Work with operational teams to promote and generate continuous improvement ideas
• Review and report on customer related projects
• Collate and analyse data to support operations
• Audit and maintain packaging information required for internal logistic planning
• Promote 5S and best practice
• To effectively communicate with different levels of management within both the DHL and customer working environment.
• Support operational design and review meetings
• Assist in planning resources required to support internal logistics requirement for JLR - Manpower. MHE, Space analysis
• Provide analytical support for operations, report generation and data analysis.
• Support inventory analysis and maintenance
• Assist in compiling and reviewing planning processes
• Space Planning & Associated Resource
• All projects implemented successfully
• Work with rest of planning team to achieve objectives
• Work in line with budgets
• Achieve local KPI's
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Educated to high school (secondary) standard
• Educated to university degree level or equivalent professional (Desirable)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience of working in logistics (Desirable)
• SMART and CMS 3 knowledge (Desirable)
• Resilient and confident when faced with difficult decisions or under pressure.
• Ability to communicate to all levels of colleagues
• Knowledge of DHL policies, processes and systems (Desirable)
• Excellent Numeracy and Literacy Skills
• Able to create and maintain a positive working relationship at all levels
• PC Literate, including the ability to maintain management information systems
• Competence in CAD design (Desirable)
• Organisational Skills
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.