Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
What is Brewing & Brands?
Brewing & Brands is the operational heart of Greene King operating two breweries, one in the historic home town of Bury St Edmunds (Westgate Brewery) and the other in Dunbar (Belhaven Brewery). In addition to brewing we also have two packaging plants and a national distribution network.
To identify opportunities within the Greene King Free Trade customer base to develop their existing product portfolio to a more premium level with emphasis on world beers, wines, spirits and minerals. Having the ability to recognise market trends, make premium product recommendations, whilst also understanding the geographical area.
* To achieve sales budgets for volume, value and profit margin for every listing
* Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims
* Identify and evaluate all large incremental business opportunities to increase sales
* Develop a productive working relationship with internal customer i.e buyers, marketing, logistics etc
* To fully utilise all sales promotions and promotional material to drive sales
* To respond to all customer enquiries in a timely manner
* To market our brands through the customer base
* To service and build relationships within current accounts with a view to fully understanding their business
* To sell in finance to secure business and assist with developing business
* To carry out robust journey planning which accommodates unexpected changes and achieves the minimum operating standard of at least 4 calls per day
* Prepare sampling events to external customers
* Build business relationships with external suppliers to encourage the sharing of information and support
* Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other Company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
* To provide fully completed weekly reports to the deadlines specified
* Manage and use all data (customer data, CGA etc) to ensure all sales are optimised
* To act to benefit the team sharing local knowledge, good and bad experiences
* Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
* To keep up to date with competitor activity and proactively stay ahead of the game
* To live the Company values of Results, Execution, Honesty Courage, Respect and Customer Focus
* Have a flexible approach to working hours if occasional weekend or evening coverage is needed
Skills & Experience -
* Knowledge of premium wines, spirits & minerals and world/craft beers
* Experience of selling into free trade/on trade accounts
* Knowledge of a structured sales call and deal structuring
* Knowledge of prices and margins made on products
* Understanding of profit and volume targets
* Knowledge of market trends and performance
* Computer literate with Word, Excel, Email and Powerpoint
* WSET Certification would be an advantageous
* The ability to sell in and close sales, plan, organise and prioritise
* To demonstrate excellent time management skills and teamwork
* The demonstrate excellent communication and listening skills with both customers and colleagues
* To demonstrate excellent questioning and negotiation skills
* To demonstrate quick thinking and accurate decision making
* To be able to quickly build relationships with customers and colleagues
* Full driving licence
What can we offer you?
Greene King Locals