For over a 100 years, Boeing has been making the impossible, possible. From producing a single canvas-and-wood airplane to transforming how we fly over oceans and into the stars, Boeing has become the world's largest aerospace company. And we're just getting started; especially in the UK.
The partnership between Boeing and the UK dates back to the 1930’s and continues to get stronger and deeper, with UK jobs, skills and opportunities being constantly generated to support major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8, ScanEagle, Support Chain Information Services, Government Services and Staffordshire Police, to mention a few.
An opportunity has arisen within the Boeing Defence UK Aircraft Support team for a Procurement Agent who will have responsibility for managing Supply Chain related activities and will hold the authority to commit company resources through the placement of contracts and agreements under a delegation of authority.
An opportunity has arisen within the Boeing Defence UK Aircraft Support team for a Procurement Agent (Level 3) who will have responsibility for managing Supply Chain related activities and will hold the authority to commit company resources through the placement of contracts and agreements under a delegation of authority.
This role will be responsible for performing activities related to the acquisition of goods and services in support of Aircraft Support which will include, but not be limited to; Supplier assessment, development of sourcing strategies, Contract negotiation and implementation along with Supplier performance evaluation and improvement management.
The successful candidate will need to be adaptable and a creative thinker with the ability to liaise and work alongside a number of functional disciplines to help develop and form the strategic supply chain approach to support the Aircraft Support programme.
• Execution of Supplier management and procurement ensuring compliance with associated Boeing processes
• Provide transactional support to the purchase of goods and services
• Support development of supply chain strategies
• Support development of bid packages including supplier source selection and proposal evaluation (in compliance with
the Boeing Integrated Business Acquisition Process (IBAP)
• Support the development and maintenance of relationships and partnerships with senior stakeholders, peers and
relevant functional areas
• Prepare, negotiate and execute all forms of contractual documentation including; Proprietary Information Agreements
and Terms and Conditions
• Identify and mitigate risks and issues with suppliers by determining root cause and developing corrective action.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/ veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Bachelors Degree preferred