Airbus Defence and Space SAS
TOP Procurement is looking for new colleagues
We are a transnational organization with substantial footprints in all four founding countries and beyond; we are highly operational and directly impact the full spectrum of Defence and Space programmes including influence on nearly 80% of our revenues; we have an external reach with more than 10,000 active suppliers… Come join us to learn more!
Employing over 1200 professionals worldwide, TOP | Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics offers opportunities to expand on experiences and grow within a dynamic organisation. Whether it be within project supply or commodity management, contracts expertise, supply chain operations or logistics management, the procurement team uses collective intelligence and maximizes synergies to continuously improve and deliver results.
Alongside the ongoing operational business that brings our people up close and personal with the DS products and suppliers, we are also expanding on initiatives to become a more digital and impactful organisation. It's an exciting time to be part of Procurement!
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Procurement Contracts Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse.
You will join the Procurement Contracts Department France (PYCD1). Reporting to the Head of Procurement Contracts Manager France and working closely with the Commodity Managers of the TOP organisation, you will be responsible, within a MFT (Multi-Functional Team), for the relevance, quality and consistency of the contracts entered into by the Airbus Defence and Space, notably by:
· Performing negotiation of the main procurement agreements and changes thereto as well as of main disputes regarding the interpretation of such agreements in their pre-litigation phase in close coordination i) with the relevant Commodity Manager(s), ii) the Legal, Insurance and Export Control departments and iii) any other department (Finance, Programme, Engineering, Support, Logistics etc.) as may be required during the negotiation
· Managing the definition and ensuring the implementation of the contractual policy for your relevant field of activity, taking into account the input provided by the relevant Commodity Manager(s)
· Supporting the Commodity Manager(s) and the Supply Chain in the negotiation of other procurement agreements and providing negotiation advice and guidelines
· Complying with tools and procedures, ensuring adequate preparation, follow-up, pre- and post-signature validation and management of the procurement agreements entered into by Airbus Defence and Space
· Contribute to all PYC transversal activities.
You will not be responsible for the overall interface or the procurement strategy with the Supplier nor for the commercial transaction. These responsibilities will remain with the Commodity Manager(s). However, you will ensure that the strategy or commercial deal is in line with the Airbus Defence and Space contractual policy and secure Airbus Defence and Space’s interest by minimising contractual risks.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Providing support for the establishment and maintenance of the standard contracts tools and processes to be used for the preparation, negotiation and post-signature management of contracts in your field of activity
· Negotiating of the main contracts/agreements and amendments thereto for your field of activity, so as to limit Airbus Defence and Space’s exposure to risks and to maximise opportunities and leverages for Airbus Defence and Space through the contractual language, it being understood that the Community Manager(s) remain responsible for the commercial transaction
· Supporting the Commodity Manager(s) and the Supply Chain in the negotiation of other procurements contracts/agreements, as required
· Performing contractual analysis and supporting the Commodity Manager(s) and the Supply Chain in management of the contract
· Providing negotiation advice and guidelines
· Complying with the tools and procedures to ensure adequate preparation, follow-up, pre- and post-signature validation of the procurement contracts/agreements
· Contributing to the set-up of and updates to the contractual database with respect to all procurement contracts for your field of activity
· Ensuring flow-down from prime contracts and implementation of the relevant contractual and commercial policies in all supply contract documents, liaising with legal, finance, insurance, customs, taxes etc., as needed
· Coordinating with the Commodity Manager(s) for the issuance of Requests For Proposal (RFP) and performing evaluations of supplier proposals regarding contractual and commercial aspects to provide inputs to the Tender Evaluation Board
· Managing the contract life cycle by issuing amendments, extensions, renewals or close out of the contract.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Master’s degree specializing in contract law and/or international business law
· At least 2 years of professional experience in contract management in Procurement and/or Legal
· Successful experience in drafting and negotiating procurement and/or commercial contracts
· Excellent skills in negotiation and dealing with suppliers and/or customers, able to convey requirements and to interface with suppliers’ higher management
· Good knowledge of, and experience in, all matters covered by procurement i.e. selected supplier proposal review, negotiation, export control, subcontract management, supplier management, change process, invoicing and payment, dispute resolution etc.
· Capacity to interface with other business functions i.e. Legal, Finance, Project Management, Export Control, Technical, etc.
· Open minded, good team spirit, optimistic and positive, be a force for bringing forward proposals
· English : negotiation level
· French : negotiation level