Our client, based in Bedfordshire is recruiting a Procurement Contract Manager for its award winning Procurement Team.
The Contracts Manager will lead, motivate and develop the team and through them manage and deliver an effective and efficient customer service focused operation.
You’ll provide the focus, direction and leadership required to ensure all operational requirements and service level agreements are met through all aspects of the contract.
Ensuring quality standards, contractual requirements, both financial and customer service are met.
What the role will entail: -
- Deliver effective day to day operational management within the limitations of the Client Service Level Agreement and Procedures
- Keep abreast of the legislative, best practice and other changes within the industry
- Project manage through to successful and timely completion all major initiatives within area of responsibility
- Champion the local employee communication process to include weekly meetings
- Identify, establish and maintain positive business relationship with key stakeholders and attend client meetings where and when required and, if required, provide statistical data as necessary
- Produce operational reviews to allow the analysis of trends and to support a program for organisational learning and sharing of experiences
- Liaising with Finance to ensure the process is on schedule to complete the financial reports
- Provide periodic reporting of any financial issues, resolutions, progress and escalate issues as appropriate
- Change Management by reviewing working practises, suggest and implement alternative ways of conducting work
- Manage the continuous internal projects via established change control processes
- Identify and explore new revenue streams and opportunities, participating in negotiations where necessary.
Experience and skills you will need to have for this role: -
- Well-developed people management skills, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Sound financial and analytical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven experience of Investigations, Disciplinary and Grievances.
- Experience of change management
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- CIPS membership
- Good contract management experience of sourcing and managing large tenders
- A good grasp of OJEU tenders and experience of working with operational staff on procurement initiatives.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills would also be advantageous.
What the client is offering: -
£35,000 - 40,000 pa
Training and Development
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.