Description of the job :
The job holder reports to the Lead Procurement Contracts Manager in the (PYCD2) Procurement Contracts Department.
The job holder shall work closely with the Commodity leaders and buyers of TOPM organization.
The job holder is responsible, for the relevance, quality and consistency of the contracts entered into by Airbus in assigned scope, notably by:
- managing the definition and ensuring the implementation of the contractual policy for its relevant field of activity taking into account the input provided by the relevant Commodity Leader(s)
- performing the negotiation of the main procurement agreements and changes thereto as well as of main disputes regarding the interpretation of such agreements in their pre-litigation phase in close coordination i) with the relevant Commodity Leader and Buyer ii) the legal, insurance and export control departments and iii) any other department (Finance, Programme, Engineering, Support, Logistics etc...) as may be required during the negotiation
- Supporting the Commodity Leader and Buyers in the negotiation of other procurement agreements and providing negotiation advice and guideline
- complying with the tools and procedures ensuring adequate preparation, follow-up, pre- and post-signature validation and management of the procurement agreements entered into by Airbus.
The job holder is not responsible of the overall interface or the procurement strategy with the Supplier nor of the commercial transaction. Such responsibilities shall remain those of the Buyer. However, the job holder shall ensure that such strategy or commercial deal is in line with the Airbus contractual policy and secure Airbus’ interest by minimizing contractual risks.
Task & accountabilities :
• Provide support for the establishment and maintenance of the standard contracts, tools and processes to be used for the preparation, negotiation and post-signature management of contracts in his/her field of activity
• Is responsible for the negotiation of the main contracts / agreements and amendments thereto for his/her field of activity, so as to limit Airbus’s exposure to risks and to maximise opportunities and leverages for Airbus through the contractual language, it being understood that the Buyer remain responsible of the commercial transaction
• Is responsible to supporting the Commodity Leader and Buyers in the negotiation of other procurements contracts / agreements, as required
• Is responsible to perform contractual analysis, in close coordination with Legal, and support the Buyer in the management of the contract
• Is responsible to provide negotiation advice and guideline
• Is responsible for ensuring that appropriate contractual review procedures are being followed before signature
• Is contributing to the setting up of, and the updates to, the contractual data base with respect to all procurement contracts for his/her field of activity.
• Ensure flow-down from prime contracts and implementation of the relevant contractual and commercial policies in all supply contracts documents. Liaise with legal, finance, insurance, customs, taxes etc., as needed,
• Co-ordinate with the Commodity Managers for the issuance of Requests For Proposal (RFP), generate the draft supply contract and contributes to the RFP cover letter,
• Perform the evaluation of supplier proposals regarding contractual and commercial aspects and provide inputs to the Tender Evaluation Board,
• Production of the Contract Close Out report and Liquidated Damages (LDs) assessment when required.
• Works with export control and suppliers to ensure the required forms are completed and End User Statements issued where necessary.
• Provides contractual inputs to the Supplier Evaluation and Development (SED) process.
MAJOR END RESULTS
• Identifies/avoids/minimises Airbus’s contractual risks exposure for procurement contracts entered into in his/her field of activity
• Ensures implementation of the Airbus Procurement policy and compliance with Airbus guidelines and procedures for his/her field of activity
Required skills :
Contract Manager or Senior Contract Manager (depending on experience)
• Skills in negotiation with suppliers and / or customers.
• Procurement and / or Legal and / or Commercial
• Successful experience in drafting and negotiating procurement and / or commercial contracts.
• Experience in dealing with customers and / or suppliers, able to convey requirements and to interface with suppliers’ higher management.
• Good knowledge of, and experience in, all matters covered by Procurement i.e. selected supplier proposal review, negotiation, export control, subcontract management, supplier management, change process, invoicing and payment, dispute resolution etc.
• Interfacing with other business functions i.e. Legal, Finance, Project Management, Export Control, Technical
• Good Team spirit and business-orientation
• Excellent English, spoken and written
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.