Salary - competitive + excellent benefits
Location - GSK House, Brentford
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Our Primary Packaging Procurement Cost of Goods ambition contains an exciting and transformational agenda to deliver step change cost reduction by 2020 for both Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Healthcare. Success will be achieved through a mix of supply base optimisation, negotiation excellence, significant specification simplification, packaging format change and value engineering.
The Procurement Delivery role for Primary Packaging will lead and coordinate this transformational programme, ensuring all targets are delivered. The role will include aligning and securing resources across GSK (functions and the supply chain), defining work stream scope and business cases, lead governance and key stakeholder engagement, drive and track implementation and associated benefits, coordinate pipeline ideation, manage complexity and continuously ensure the programme is aligned to wider GSK goals.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows –
• Lead the necessary project resource and ensure strong programme controls are in place, including resource selection and deployment, operational and capital expenditure and schedule control
• Coordinate and drive work stream planning and delivery, ensuring successful completion
• Create and deploy standardised program processes, procedures and ways of working for program delivery utilising leverage across the organisation
• Identification, mitigation planning and resolution of issues to mitigate potential risk
• Create a joint planning approach with sites and functions, ensuring integrated and prioritised packaging implementation plans in place across the supply chain
• Create and lead governance process and updates, building strong relationships with program sponsors and key stakeholders
• Ensure successful staffing, including recruitment and development of the programme team
• Create and track progress via monthly reporting and project reviews
In order to be considered for this opportunity the successful individual will need the following skills and experience –
• Ideally degree qualified in a relevant discipline (business, economics etc)
• Possess significant and demonstrable experience of Supply Chain/Procurement across global markets for a pharmaceutical business
• A track record of identifying and delivering tactical and strategic cost saving projects for the purchasing of primary packaging materials and associated implementation
• An engaging and collaborative approach paired with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at multiple levels
How do you apply? - Closing date for applications will be Friday 29th September 2017.
When applying for this role, please ensure you use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Internal applications - In accordance with GSK policy, it is an employee's responsibility to notify their line manager when they have been selected for an internal interview. We may be seeking a reference from your current manager; therefore if you have not already informed your manager of your application, please do immediately.