We’re looking for a procurement development analyst to join our team, and work with us to support the development of procurement reporting, analytics and processes. A key focus within the procurement development team is the implementation of supplier management, and this role will provide a great opportunity for you to improve key relationships with both our suppliers and partners from across the wider business.
About the role
As a procurement development analyst, you’ll work collaboratively with colleagues across procurement and other business areas to gain a deep understanding of their needs. You’ll create tailored dashboards to help category managers to effectively review supplier performance, as well as providing reporting and insights to the team to support effective decision making. You’ll use your data analysis skills to spot opportunities for improvement and introduce new ways of working, acting as a subject matter expert and providing colleagues with the support that they’ll need in order to adapt to change. This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference and define your career in a business that puts people first.
What you’ll do:
● support the Procurement Development Manager to provide analytical support to solve complex business problems
● provide analytics and reporting to the team to help inform decision making
● introduce new ways of working to standardise/improve/simplify practice across the procurement team
● arrange, organise and track the development curriculum for procurement
● work closely with category managers and internal partners to understand their needs and develop user dashboards to measure supplier performance and benchmarking
This role would suit people who have
● previously worked in an analytical role (experience of supplier management within an analytical role would be an advantage)
● advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
● good use of Microsoft PowerPoint and confidence in presenting to a range of audiences
● the ability to engage and influence partners at different levels and build meaningful relationships across the business
● the ability to advise, challenge and push back when necessary
● an inquisitive mind, and the aptitude to work independently
● natural problem solving skills
● any previous project experience, this would be beneficial
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competitive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.