Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Working within the specialised Procurement Finance Team with responsibility across all Business Units, this role is core to GK's control of "Goods Not For Resale" (GNFR) and Supply Chain throughout the UK.
This role will directly support the Senior Purchasing Manager (GNFR & Supply Chain), Category Director (GNFR), and the Procurement Financial Controller in understanding emerging risks and opportunities across these categories throughout all business units within the Greene King group, controlling costs and identifying project savings where appropriate
Skills & Experience -
* Finance experience is essential.
* Preferably recently qualified or studying finals for a professional accounting qualification (ie CIMA or ACCA), study support will be provided as part of this role if appropriate.
* The successful candidate will need to be computer literate (MS products and COGNOS/similar database applications), be capable of managing a busy diary across several sites and be able to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
* The ability to plan and communicate across all functions and all levels is essential, and experience of working in a large company environment will be beneficial.
* Deliver period end procurement accounts to set deadlines incl. G/L recs
* Provide timely procurement guidance for Forecasts, Budgets and Strategic Plans
* Conduct detailed and timely variance analysis and communicate to stakeholders
* Design/implement/execute processes for mitigation tracking
* Periodic retro/rebate calculations
* Ratio analysis / dashboard reporting for all GNFR & Supply Chain related operations
* Ad hoc projects (in particular, database implementation and Capex)
Decision Making -
* Finance Business Partner in support of the procurement team
* Decision support will include contract tendering, mitigation projects, monthly KPI contract control
* Support to Procurement Financial Controller on all project appraisal
Scope of Influence -
* Procurement Finance team
* Commercial Finance Director
* Procurement Category Director & Buyers
* Group Trading Director
What can we offer you?