A new Business Intelligence & Analytics team is being formed within Procurement Technology. This team will focus on managing procurement master data and delivering both business insights & analytics to procurement using interactive dashboards and visualisation tools. The team will also provide analytical support throughout the sourcing project lifecycle to improve the quality, efficiency and results of procurement activities & to help maximise opportunities.
We are looking for you to be part of this team and facilitate the ETL process, and subsequent analysis and visualisation of Procurement data. You will do this by overseeing the classification of procurement master data and supplier grouping, including full parent-child mapping of the Procurement supplier base. The key datasets will include Invoice, PO, GRN, Payment, Supplier, Contract, Savings, and Procurement Hierarchy data.
Your role will also manage the off-shore resources dedicated to the Category Intelligence service to ensure they are being utilised correctly and effectively. When combined with transaction level data, Procurement will benefit from greater insights to seek efficiencies, improve spend management and forecast greater savings.
This is an opportunity for you to be part of a team laying the groundwork for GSK to have best in class master data which will enable us to generate savings and continuously improve our procurement function.
What you’ll be doing in this role
• Maintain the GSK Virtual Supplier Master (VSM) and look to migrate to a more sustainable solution
• Ensure integrity and transparency of the data sources and manipulation steps across all systems including legacy systems
• Normalisation, standardisation, transformation and enrichment of the data
• Work closely with outsource partner to ensure smooth running of CI service line activities, and continuous improvement in effort/resource allocation
• Supporting development of enriched Procurement supplier data, linking together master data sources with transaction level detail to enable detailed analysis
• Lead the Category Intelligence Service Line including the management of Procurement data/reporting requests and seeking opportunities for improvements to current ways of working
• Act as a functional expert, translating GSK Procurement and stakeholder needs, agree the most optimized and balanced solution
• Build and transfer knowledge/expertise on GSK data and BI (systems, feeds, governance)
• Procurement organization knowledge (scope, purpose, indicators, needs) used to ensure the requirements are in line with the true information needs from Category managers and Procurement operations managers
• Areas of improvement to BAU reporting operations and data processes, and ensure efficient operations with the offshore service teams
• Ensure smooth monthly BAU reporting cycle, making sure we receive the correct data on agreed timescales for dashboard and reporting refresh
• Experience of spend analysis implementation with a strong technical, problem solving and analytical mindset
• Procurement related experience (as a solution provider, consultant or practitioner)
• Strong experience of spend data enrichment – e.g. rationalise vendor information, implement parent/child vendor relationships, implement category rules
• Technical or numerical degree educated and/or relevant qualifications/experience
• Excellent Excel skills with high levels of numeracy and accuracy
• Understanding of the benefits of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, fact and dimension tables, and data modelling
• Experience of managing or working with offshore teams
• Experience with SAP procurement solutions
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands within three primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. With offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. 2015 total company turnover was £23.9Bn and is supported by one of the largest development pipelines in the industry. We are currently offering opportunities for driven business professionals to join our community and help us deliver value to our patients.