Hovis is one of the UK's leading food brands. In fact, it is worth over £400m in retail sales. In a very competitive crows, we've continued to demonstrate category leading product innovation & quality. Our brand heritage and most recent performance is testament to this. We're now searching for a proactive committed Procurement Manager ready to play a key role in the next chapter of our journey. Please see below for more details.
To effectively lead and manage a range of Indirect spend categories, delivering sustainable value to Hovis, through the creation & recommendation of appropriate sourcing strategies that represent the requirements of key stakeholders and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation.
To act as the Lead Procurement Manager for Indirects including managing supplier performance and gathering market intelligence & insight.
In this role you will be responsible for;
● Leading category activities across a range of Indirect Categories including CAPEX, IT, HR, FM and Marketing
● Understanding and analysing current contractual arrangements a recommending best practice
● Understanding the Supply Market relevant to the category and using a wide range of sourcing tools/ techniques to effectively understand value
● Quickly building relationships with lead internal stakeholders including board level interaction and balancing with key external supplier relationships
● Working with colleagues to develop category sourcing strategies using key elements of the category management process
● Leads implementation of sourcing strategies. Revises, protects and enhances strategy as new information becomes available
● Helping to further build and embed the reputation of Procurement in the business by delivering on stated goals
● Procurement experience / Category Management in similar roles
● Experience leading indirect procurement categories
● Demonstrable negotiation experience
● Data analysis - demonstrable Excel ability & systems
● Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
● Project management experience
● Good understanding of commercial contract law and building contracts alongside Legal
● Confidence working in a dynamic environment and battle hardened in working with senior stakeholders