>$12m spend! Become part of an impactful Procurement team! Business Partnering with motivated stakeholders to make a difference. Join the Belgian Procurement team today!
As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for leading or supporting one or more Procurement categories and/or serving as the key procurement contact to one or more business areas. You will be accountable for implementing the global Procurement strategic goals on country level for the area of responsibility and successfully managing relevant KPIs with regards to productivity, compliance metrics, processes, and customer satisfaction.
• Implementation of global, regional and country projects across categories & functions, support stakeholder alignment and customer satisfaction.
• Achievement of productivity/cost efficiency targets.
• Manage quality of the cluster end-to-end Procurement process incl. compliance to policies, strategies and processes.
• Serve as key contact for stakeholders in the in their area of responsibility. Build effective relationships of mutual trust and understanding.
• Understand business priorities and ensure Procurement activities effectively support business strategies.
• Transmit relevant business insights to global/regional Category Management as well as to sourcing managers and buyers.
• Manage and build effective relationships with key suppliers to drive value for Novartis through cost effectiveness and access to innovation.
• Ensure effective local implementation of global supplier strategies (e.g. implementation of strategic suppliers, contracting principles, execution of global/regional contracts).
• Manage local supplier landscape in line with business strategies & global Procurement goals and strategies (e.g. payment terms, manage tail spend, local supplier management process).
• Communicate effectively with the different Procurement functions, such as Operations, Capability centres, global/regional category management and compliance.
What you’ll bring to the role
• University/Advanced degree is required.
• Additional qualifications (CIPS, Project Management, etc.) or similar professional qualifications preferred
• 3-5 years of procurement experience in a large multinational organizational.
• Experience in change management and leading through change.
• Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders.
• Proven track record of successful supplier negotiation and management.
• Proven track record of developing the saving target and bringing value add procurement processes
• You are a team player, pro-active, with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent spoken and written English.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.