Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Procurement Manager (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Blagnac. You will join PMPB – Procurement Standard Parts – MFT Fasteners.
You will be joining a highly motivated and dynamic team and will be:
• Responsible for management of a dedicated Market Product within the Fasteners Multi-Functional Team (MFT).
• A key Account Manager for a dedicated Supplier within the MFT Fasteners leading all the commercial aspects of the relation with the supplier (Contract negotiation, contract review, Strategic Fit meeting).
• Focal point within the Fasteners MFT to support AfterMarket business growth.
• In charge of sourcing, providing the best purchasing conditions to Airbus and subsidiaries.
• Accountable for contracting Airbus needs including contract negotiation
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1. Market management
• Define & implement market strategies on Bolts & Screw Market based on current supplier panel, technology intelligence and benchmark.
• Manage sourcing activity, RFPs/call for tenders, selection report and ensure best supply conditions for Airbus.
• Coordinates cost optimization activities with other functions: redesign to cost, support new A/C generations R&T, standardization, resourcing etc..
• Manage / supervise Transfer of Work (ToW) activities.
• Manage risk related to suppliers (financial, strategy, monopoly...) and define appropriate mitigation actions.
• Support Airbus After Market development by creating the best synergies with Serial business.
2. Supplier Management
• Ensure suppliers’ financial health is checked and actions taken as appropriate.
• Negotiate new contracts and contract amendments with suppliers or prospects.
• Manage suppliers’ contract, including claims, contractual review meetings, and definition of continuous improvement targets (commercial competitiveness, quality and delivery performance…).
• Anticipate end of contract and end of price validity by retendering.
• Ensure accuracy and respect of commercial T&C in all Airbus IT systems.
• Prepare strategic alignment meetings between major suppliers & Airbus management.
• Gather & promote best innovative solutions from suppliers.
3. Extended enterprise
• Ensure that Airbus tiers, subject to positive business case, can be enabled to Airbus contract using the Enablement process.
• Identify & implement synergies within Airbus Group: harmonised strategy and supplier panel at group level, joint procurement initiatives.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to 5-years degree level (or equivalent) in Procurement or Business Administration or a related discipline.
• Procurement knowledge
• Experience in project management
• Analytical capabilities
• Soft skills:
o Communication and negotiation skills
o Team spirit
o Assertiveness and critical mindset to challenge statu-quo
• Language Skills: English (negotiation level).