For the past 100 years, Boeing has been making the impossible, possible. From producing a single canvas-and-wood airplane to transforming how we fly over oceans and into the stars, Boeing has become the world's largest aerospace company. And we're just getting started; especially in the UK.
The partnership between Boeing and the UK continues to get stronger and deeper, with UK jobs, skills and opportunities being constantly generated to support major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8, Support Chain Information Services and Staffordshire Police, to mention a few
We're looking to hire a Supply Chain Manager in our Information Services (IT) business area. This is key people management role and will have responsibility for managing all supplier-related activities and will hold the authority to commit company resources through contracts and agreements. In addition to the people management responsibilities, the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a track record of negotiating high value contracts for both IT hardware and software.
In this role you will manage employees from multiple Supplier Management and Procurement disciplines performing activities related to the acquisition of goods and services in support of company operations supplier assessment and performance improvement management and improvement of supply chain management and processes and supplier diversity.
You will develop and execute project and process plans, implement policies and procedures and set operational goals. Acquire resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and lead process improvements. You will develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customer’s, stakeholder’s, peers, partners and direct reports. You will provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes and provide oversight regarding negotiation processes and related tools. You will also be responsible for managing, developing and motivating employees
• People Management - lead and coach the Supply Chain Team and the Software Asset Management team (approx. 6 to 9 employees). Managing resources effectively, employee development, coordinating employee training and supporting all programme and functional objectives
• Development of supplier management and procurement capability ensuring flawless execution to Boeing processes
• The identification and implementation of Supplier Management Best Practices, guidance on Supplier Management processes and related tools
• Manage the processes and tools for procurement agents performing activities related to committing company resources to purchase goods and services, developing supplier strategies, development of bid packages, proposal analysis and development of contracts
• Develop and execute plans, policies and procedures and lead departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives
• Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with senior stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
• Provide oversight and approval of sourcing approaches and negotiation strategies
• Focus on enhancing the capability of our SCM team to deliver high quality and efficient service to the Business Unit and the Boeing SCM function
• Working with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation opportunities and ways in which suppliers can enhance our offering to our clients.
• Experience and understanding of working within an Information Services domain
• Understanding and previous experience of working within or with software or Systems Integration companies would be a distinct advantage
• Experience of developing strategic supplier partnerships with third party suppliers of IT products and services
• Competent in developing and managing robust service contracts
• An understanding and experience of bidding for contracts is preferable
• Experience of working with the business and the supply market to introduce new products and services through the supply chain to deliver better value and new capabilities to customers, preferably within an IS domain
• Knowledge and understanding of managing software assets and licences to achieve compliance and license optimisation
• Experience of developing new suppliers, ideally SME’s and start-up’s would be an advantage
• Ideally demonstrate an understanding of UK Defence Terms & Conditions and experience working with a variety of subcontract types under UK MoD prime contracts
• Developed negotiation and problem resolution skills
• Exhibits strong Leadership Attributes - charting the course, setting high expectations, inspiring others, finding a way, living the Boeing values and delivering results.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour.
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
• Preferably educated to Bachelors Degree level or equivalent
• MCIPS qualified with relevant Information Services industry experience
• In-depth experience of end to end procurement theory and practice, including tendering, terms and conditions, contract development, management and negotiation
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award