External Supply (ES) is responsible for managing the network who provide a range of finished Pharmaceutical products to patients through Contract Manufacturing Operations (CMOs).
In this role you will;
• Be the Procurement one point of contact for the ES Regional Operational teams
• Provide the interface between the ES Category teams and the ES Regional Operational teams, understanding business requirements, resolving commercial issues and aligning category strategies with operational activity.
• Own and manage CMOs aligned to the specific Procurement Operations regional role, to include negotiation, contracting, benefit delivery and SRM.
This role will support a significant spend of circa £400m. You will manage impact and risk of key and transactional Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs) including direct accountability for low spend, non-strategic CMOs.
Your Day to Day Duties
• Partner and align with the ES Regional Operations teams to define business requirements and represent ES category strategies.
• Be the Procurement representative in the Regional Operations teams
• Lead the handover between category and operations teams for projects moving to steady state operational management.
• Provide second touch resolution for commercial issues to the Regional Operational teams.
• Systems support for operational activities aligned to all CMOs within the region.
• For responsible CMOs;
o Negotiate and execute contracts designed to protect GSK
o Develop ideas of areas for cost reductions
o Lead SRM if appropriate for aligned CMOs to facilitate benefit delivery.
• Savings Champion for the Regional Operational team.
• Support Procurement Compliance projects across the Strategy and Procurement team
• Provide local/regional knowledge to the Category teams as needed.
• Support specific Category projects as needed.
• Act as the Europe Procurement Operations Manager deputy when required
• Be the champion/process owner of specific procurement compliance projects for Global Procurement Operations team.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 2nd December 2018
• Procurement experience in a Buying role
• Experienced within a Pharma, Healthcare or FMCG environment
• Direct procurement experience, for example within raw materials or finished products
• Experience working in a matrix and highly regulated environment
• Degree qualified, ideally within related subject
• Experience working within External Supply
• Further Procurement related qualifications, for example CIPS, MCIPS