PROCUREMENT SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
More about the role
Here, at New Look, everything that we do is for the love of fashion.
We’ve been bringing the latest fashion to the high-street since 1969. We’re now a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-fashion for women, men and teenage girls. Even after 50
years we’ve stayed true to our original mission of delivering fabulous products at a price our customers can afford.
We invented fast fashion and it’s our colleagues today that continue our journey to create a New Look that everyone loves.
It’s our values that inspire us every day - we play to win, we are customer obsessed, we work as one…and it starts with you.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our New Look team.
What do the Procurement Team do?
We work closely with all functions across the business to ensure we select the right vendors, establish payment terms and negotiate contracts to ensure optimum savings. As a Procurement team, our main role is with acquiring all of the goods, services and work which is vital to the business.
• To business partner with all the Buying, Merchandising and Design teams, Supply Base, Quality & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and other functions, leading Goods For Resale (GFR) supplier relationships to effectively ensure a high level of service, expertise and advice is provided.
• You will ensure that third party GFR suppliers are proactively managed across the organisation. You will be responsible for managing relationships both internally and externally with suppliers and stakeholders.
• To maximise commercial benefits & mitigate risk wherever possible, ensuring a collaborative approach between all relevant areas of the business.
• To increase Procurement’s influence and remit within the relevant category and nurture relationships with all associated parties.
• Proactively review existing contract cover for GFR suppliers, using value and risk based mechanisms to develop and implement an action plan to improve contract cover and compliance to contracts
• Manage the roll out of commercial contracts for all new and existing GFR suppliers
• Draft additional contracts as required for new commercial relationships including, processors, printers & buying agents.
• Lead key negotiations with suppliers & to take commercial ownership of GFR relationships, including tracking and managing all payment terms/credit requests with the business functions
• Work with key stakeholders on an on-going basis to ensure the commercial objectives of the business are met.
• Promote procurement benefits and best practice sourcing principles to stakeholders and enable traditionally non-accessible spend areas to be targeted e.g. fabric, lab testing etc.
• Manage & Coach Junior Procurement Manager for GFR & BMD
• Where necessary, manage the competitive Tender process, including evaluating responses, leading negotiations and presenting recommendations
• Building strong relationships with the business consumers of the respective services to ensure regular communication of requirements and how they relate to the vendor supply chain
• Monitor and report on the performance of selected vendors to ensure delivery in line with contractual obligations and performance metrics
Knowledge and Experience Required
• Strong commercial negotiation skills and understanding of contractual obligations
• Evidence of strategic supplier mapping and transformation.
• Genuine interest and expertise in manufacturing, supply chain and retail best practice/industry case studies
• Problem solving
• People management & ability to influence - Line, across peers & senior management
• Process driven/Organised/methodical
• Understanding of Procurement process and systems
• PC skills including Excel & Powerpoint
• Proven ability to multitask & react to fast turnarounds in reactive situations
• Project management skills
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills
• Good communicator at all levels
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Confident Self-starter Must be adaptable - Manage Change/Ambiguity
• Availability to travel
• Hands on & Can-do approach
• Ability to quickly develop commercial understanding
• Ability to develop negotiation skills
• Proven ability to build key internal and external relationships
• Good leadership skills
• Strong contractual knowledge both commercial and Legal CIPS Qualified preferred
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes – there are so many reasons to love working at New Look.
We offer training to support you and your career progression, so that you can be at your absolute best.
You’ll also receive these amazing benefits:
• 40% staff discount
• Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
• Quarterly sample sales
• Season ticket loans