Procurement and Contracts Manager, Edinburgh, Competitive salary plus benefits.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement and Contracts Manager to join the Procurement team, supporting the development and construction of renewables assets including onshore wind, solar and battery storage. The role will be based at EDF’s Edinburgh office noting that there will be a strong focus in supporting EDF Renewables development and construction activities in Ireland as well as in the UK so travel to EDF-R’s Dublin office may be required and also some requirements for occasional national and international travel.
The Procurement & Contracts Manager will provide a comprehensive procurement and commercial/contract management service in support of project development and construction activities for EDF-R assets in the UK and Ireland, such as:
You will be:
1. Initiating and implementing project procurement plans, including obtaining buy-in from key internal stakeholders
2. Assessing procurement risks (political, environment, technical, economic and legal) and developing appropriate procurement strategies
3. Leading procurement of goods and services for new projects and associated activities to agreed project and commercial objectives in line with approved procedures and EU Procurement Regulations including:
4. Providing general commercial support and advice to the business
5. Liaising regularly with key suppliers
6. Auditing/reviewing compliance with approved procurement procedures
7. Compiling and evaluating periodic procurement KPI reports
8. Identifying and promoting new procurement opportunities for the business (e.g. new entrants, innovations, cost savings etc.) in consultation with key stakeholders
9. Managing procurement activities on business systems (e.g. SAP) and acting as a point of reference for business users
10. commercially administrating high value contracts post-award including payment applications/certification, variations, claims, notices etc) and preparing regular cost reports.
You will have:
Competitive salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Why EDF Energy Renewables?
EDF Renewables UK (“EDF RUK”) is one of the UK’s leading renewable energy companies, specialising in wind power, battery storage, solar and offshore wind technologies. EDF RUK develops, builds, operates and maintains wind farms and other technologies throughout their lifetime. The EDF RUK portfolio of nearly 1000 MW consists of 35 wind farms including two offshore wind farms, one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe, and roof top solar projects. EDF RUK is seeking to deliver further growth from organic development activities and acquisition with challenging targets for new renewable projects to 2035.