The Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Community Operations team is charged with defining a plan for ensuring our AMZL operations deliver a positive net impact in the communities where we operate today and in the future. We are driving community engagement and working to embed standard work into our day to day operations creating a positive impact in our communities. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is critical to our long term expansion plans, this is the place for you.
The newly created Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Community Operations team is looking for a regional program manager. You will drive campaigns focused on AMZL’s reputation and brand in local communities, creating a positive net impact in the neighborhoods where we operate today and in the future. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is critical to our long term expansion plans, this is the place for you. This role will report into a Senior Manager responsible for overseeing community operations within a broader region.
You will be responsible for: 1) building and maintaining strong relationships with communities and their government and business leaders across the AMZL network in your region, 2) coaching and guiding local AMZL and Delivery Service Partner (DSP) leaders on community engagement protocols, 3) ensuring ongoing improvement and execution/inspection of operating standards that impact communities, and 4) building and executing local community outreach plans.
The ideal candidate is excited about ambiguity and a “start-up” type environment, passionate about learning, building, enhancing existing systems, and can work seamlessly across multiple stakeholder groups, internally and externally. You'll be accountable for informing and iterating on a plan in a fast paced environment that evolves as the business and community needs grow. You dive deep and like the complexity of multiple systems and inputs but drive simple, innovative, scalable solutions to support our operations in community impacting activities. You have excellent judgment and high standards. You are an articulate, persuasive communicator and an excellent writer. People trust and respect you and they like working with you. You are eager to pioneer new ideas, putting the neighborhoods where we operate and deliver (our customer) first and challenge current thinking. This is a highly visible position that requires comfort with challenging conversations and the ability to influence across multiple teams and businesses.
· Understand the needs and specific opportunities in the neighborhoods where we operate and how our operations will impact those neighborhoods. Develop plans for AMZL operational improvements as needed.
· Represent AMZL in discussions with local government officials and business leaders, participate in local town halls, task forces and other events (e.g. rotary club meetings) to gather feedback on the impact of our operations in communities and opportunities for partnership on community outreach.
· Develop local level proactive community outreach plans.
· Build local level mechanisms and inspection points to improve delivery station activities that impact the community. Drive end to end operational resolution of escalations, conduct audits as required and, in collaboration with stakeholders, drive operational changes.
· Consider the Amazon corporate reputation in neighborhoods where we operate and recommend ways to increase brand awareness.
· Collaborate with internal teams to support new delivery station launches. Work with Public Relations to drive community outreach campaigns. Support onboarding of station leaders, managers and associates.
· Collaborate closely with Amazon's Public Policy, Operations, Infrastructure, and Real Estate teams, and other business partners regarding new investments, site expansions and requirements.
· Collaborate closely with Public Policy partners to understand upcoming legislation impacting operations.
· Regional Travel required to Amazon Stations.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 5+ years of community relations, public policy, government affairs, business development, human relations or public relations experience or progressive operations experience.
· Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, Political Science, or similar disciplines.
· High degree of judgment and awareness in working with many stakeholders with differing needs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Exemplifies Amazon’s leadership principles effectively internally and externally to new business and service partners, government officials, vendors, and the community.
· Passion for serving the community with a strong acumen on business and operations.
· Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions with community interests as a focal point.
· Proficient in managing change through data-driven solutions.
· Proven ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
· Proven ability to influence and drive results laterally and remotely through cross-functional colleagues.
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
· Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast.
· Experience with supply chain and logistics.