For over a 100 years, Boeing has been making the impossible, possible. From producing a single canvas-and-wood airplane to transforming how we fly over oceans and into the stars, Boeing has become the world's largest aerospace
company. And we're just getting started; especially in the UK.
The partnership between Boeing and the UK dates back to the 1930’s and continues to get stronger and deeper, with UK jobs, skills and opportunities being constantly generated to support major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8, ScanEagle, Support Chain Information Services, Government Services and Staffordshire Police, to mention a few.
An opportunity has arisen within the Boeing Defence UK Aircraft Support team for a Project Manager.
Requirements of the role:
• Responsible for developing deliverables and directing all project phases for Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales P-8 support solution.
• Builds relationships and establishes joint working approach with BGS colleagues
• Uses Program Manager Best Practices (PMBP) to develop robust operating and reporting rhythm for the program to ensure a successful outcome
• Coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project and engineering, finance, supply chain and other related functions as appropriate.
• Work with functions to develop Work Breakdown structures (WBS)
• Builds robust schedule and RIO process to ensure required deliverables are met
• Runs PM review operating function and manages action log to ensure required progress is made on the programme
• Ensures early escalation of risks and issues and when appropriate to ensure that mitigation plans can be actioned as required
• Uses trend, earned value and variance analyses and risk assessments to develop plans or to recommend change
• Works with Business development to support development business cases to obtain funding
• Support the Capture Team Lead to provide input to documentation and solutions required for relevant proposal activity
• Works with finance to obtain required Chargelines and monitor Chargeline usage
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
• Negotiates project changes and incorporates changes into project control (change board) to ensure we meet cost and schedule baselines
• Performs project close-out and documents lessons learned
• Interact and manage third party suppliers in conjunction with the Supplier Management team
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Identify and actively manage opportunities, risks and issue to ensure effective resolution
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
• Track project milestones and deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/ veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.