Our Client is planning to consolidate a new 3rd Party Logistics Distribution Center in Central Europe with all Warehousing and Distribution operations related to DACH, France, Nordic markets. The Site Logistics Manager position will initially drive the Central European Warehouse consolidation project, working with all key parties (3PL, Transportation partners, Regional Supply Chain leaders, Commercial teams, etc.) to ensure a timely, effective and smooth transition to the consolidated Warehouse operations.
After consolidation and successful go-live, the Site Logistics Manager will take full responsibility on the new established distribution center, including the 3PL management. This position is located at the DC site.
• Coordinate and lead the transversal and multi-functional working groups and project team mates in a cohesive manner to ensure the project is successful
• Ensure that projects are delivered consistently and at the highest level of excellence, with standardized ways of working and strong communication to insure that results and progress are made visible, shared and understood at all times
• Be responsible for project monitoring with regular progress and performance tracking including strict respect of timelines, project plans, change impact and financial targets.
• Ensures adherence to project budget and perform a thorough and transparent cost management and monitoring.
• Define and refine the operating concepts together with respective business owners, and propose /design and implement innovative solutions to answer new business requirements and operational challenges.
• Partner with internal and external key stakeholders and business leads to promote concepts, build consensus and get their buy-in and support for projects success.
• Coordinate, govern and negotiate the 3PL Service Level Agreement and Contracts in close coordination with our Legal experts.
• Initiate and embrace changes. Ensure change impacts are well anticipated and properly managed, including daily communication, end-users training and coaching and start up consolidation.
• Provides internal and external communication and reporting about project status; highlights issues and challenges in timely manner.
• Actively manage project risks and issues (including delay, slippage or change on the agreed outcomes), providing immediate solutions to mitigate the risks and resolve the issues
• 5 to 10 years of experience in international and cross-functional project management, local and international supply and value chain design and set-up, relocation and transition of logistics operations
• Experience in consumer goods industry and a proven history of leading and executing large projects across the whole supply chain at strategic and at operational level.
• Fluent in English and French, other European languages is a plus
• Excellent knowledge of ERP and Supply Chain/Logistics tools (SAP / JD Edwards ; Warehouse & Transportation management system)
• International experience
• Ability to travel (50% required) during the Project phase
• Highly proficient MS-Office tools, especially MS project and XL
• We are looking for someone passionate, engaged and with strong influencing skills with all level of stakeholders, with strong organizational and planning skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, high level negotiation skills, ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with internal or external partners, strong interpersonal and listening skills, self-motivated and proactive
• The selected candidate for the role must bring a strong expertise and know-how in Logistics and Distribution project execution and in the state of the art technology for distribution centers.