Airbus DS GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Project Supply Manager (d/f/m) for ENS has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Friedrichshafen. The successful applicant will join “TOPSE2 - PSM Sp. Syst. OTN/ FHN”.
Tasks & accountabilities
We are a transnational organization with substantial footprints in all four founding countries and beyond; we are highly operational and directly impact the full spectrum of Defence and Space programmes including influence on nearly 80% of our revenues; we have an external reach with more than 10,000 active suppliers… Come join us to learn more!
Employing over 1200 professionals worldwide, TOP | Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics offers opportunities to expand on experiences and grow within a dynamic organisation. Whether it be within project supply or commodity management, contracts expertise, supply chain operations or logistics management, the procurement team uses collective intelligence and maximizes synergies to continuously improve and deliver results.
Alongside the ongoing operational business that brings our people up close and personal with our products and suppliers, we are also expanding on initiatives to become a more digital and impactful organisation.
As a Project Supply Manager (PSM), you are a vital part in the procurement and supply chain community. You represent the whole procurement organization in front of the projects you work with and are fully accountable for procurement activities in this environment. You identify and mobilize procurement expertise from early assessment of risks all the way through delivery to service support and ensure the involvement of all functions and departments contributing to the delivery of procured goods. By managing all procurement aspects for the project, you are part of the programme management and drive the on-time, on-cost and on-quality delivery of our products.
The role of a PSM is very complex and it has to be undertaken by someone who is capable of understanding project management, technology, the supply chain and how the business works. Forming and fostering resilient relationships in a matrix environment will be crucial for your success.
You will contribute to the projects of the Earth Observation, Navigation, and Science (ENS) programmes in Friedrichshafen.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Be the key interface between the Programme and the Procurement organization
- Create and execute a procurement plan for the project
- Ensure the flow down of project requirements to the procurement community
- Represent the project in procurement multifunctional teams
- Manage procurement performance for the project
- Negotiate and improve procurement resource allocation to the project
- Drive consequent improvement and innovation actions for the benefit of the project
This role will involve irregular travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
- Background in Space Flight systems would be beneficial
- Solid expertise in supply management, covering all phases of a project from planning of procurement through selecting and negotiating upcoming suppliers and subcontractors, to their effective management
- Heritage in contracts, lean processes, management of projects, engineering and production, supplier assessment wrt technical, commercial, and contractual performance
- Extensive experience of working in a project environment
- Pro-active and assertive way of working with minimum degree of supervision
- Experience of working in a matrix environment with proven record of successful stakeholder management
- Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, empowering, motivating others and conflict management
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, SAP
- Negotiation level of English and fluent German knowledge