Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Purchasing Manager - Property Department
To manage a portfolio of property purchasing categories and projects, supporting the business in the delivery of cost savings.
* Primary responsibility for agreeing labour, materials, fixtures and fittings and equipment supply rates and contracts related to Capex investment projects and Repairs and Maintenance Opex spend.
* Running tenders, agreeing schedules of rates and leading negotiations with existing and new suppliers and contractors.
* Working with the Project teams, Repairs and Maintenance team and Statutory Compliance team.
* Understanding the market conditions in all categories and setting purchasing strategies that maximise value for Greene King
* Work with key suppliers and contractors to maximise cost reduction opportunities
* Ensure suppliers achieve required service standards
* Comfortable with data and analysing areas of spend
* Review and understand all categories responsible for, having a clear strategy for GK and shaping a two year plan reviewing all areas of spend.
* Manage suppliers to ensure all key performance levels are achieved
* Aim to have a positive impact on pub P&L
* Reducing average Capex spend per project
* Working with finance to ensure appropriate reporting and validation of savings
* Maintain clear concise business communication around market intelligence to enable correct purchasing decisions
* Manage & track periodic and annual rebates for relevant suppliers
* Promote innovation within the supplier base
* To have a high profile with key stakeholders and suppliers both existing and potential
* Minimise and manage all supplier risks to Greene King
Skills & Experience -
* Previous experience in a Procurement role
* Works well under pressure.
* Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Team player.
* Ability to influence behaviours and build rapport at all levels of the business.
* Confidence to display and an open and honest attitude.
* Demonstrate core company values.
* Clear business understanding.
* Coordination and planning skills.
* Advanced excel skills.
What can we offer you?