The role of Purchasing Manager covers the region of Europe, Asia-Pac and has responsibility across direct and indirect procurement of around $500 million for the business.
The position is located in the Cambridgeshire area and is likely to require around 50% of travel across the above mentioned region.
The client is seeking a results orientated purchasing professional, with the experience and ability to drive the procurement activities from a strategic point of view with responsibility for 8 sites across Europe and Asia-Pac.
Having a solid track record of working within a Purchasing Managerial role at multi-site level across various countries is a must, as is a track record of working in a complex manufacturing industry.
Key Responsibilities include:
o To manage the purchases of all outside spend for Europe, Pacific and Asia across materials, CAPEX and indirect
o Formulating and implementing Sourcing strategies
o Negotiation, recommending and signing long term supply contracts
o Defining and implementing sourcing policies & procedures
o Agreeing short & long term budgets for supplies to the EAP region with the business team
continually improving costs & value.
o Achieving the expected levels of quality, cost and delivery for supplies
o Supplier performance and relationship management and implementing continuous improvement
o Resolution of major supply issues
o To proactively reduce business risk through implementation of appropriate risk mitigation
o Supplier pricing, cost, quality, and delivery performance
o Supervising a team of sourcing managers and identify training needs
o Responsibility for developing strategy, negotiation supply contracts, performance and relationships
Key Challenges of this role:
• To drive change
• To continuously improve the effectiveness and business impact of the purchasing function across Europe
• To manage and mitigate financial and supply risks
• To understand and anticipate future needs
Skills and Experience required:
• Degree educated in science, engineering, chemistry, economics or business
• An MBA is preferred
• Proven track record in a senior Purchasing role within a multi-site manufacturing environment
• Must have experience of working across a European remit
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a matrix organisation
• Total fluency in English is essential and knowledge of another European language; French, Spanish or German would be useful although not essential
• Solid change management experience with track record of gaining stakeholder buy-in at the highest levels
• Outstanding communication skills with a diplomatic manner
• Management experience of a multi-national team
• Strong influencing skills and commercial awareness
• Dynamic approach
A relocation package is available for the right candidate.
Please call Natascha Maenhaut on Tel 0207 207 3482 at RoCHe Recruitment to discuss this position in detail.
RoCHe Recruitment Solutions specialises in Supply Chain opportunities. Please note that we can only assist candidates who are eligible to work in the EU or hold the relevant visas.
It is with regret, that due to a high volume of applications, we are only able to contact applicants who have been successfully shortlisted.