Company Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe LimitedJob ID 1900048707Date posted 03/04/2019
With more than a century of experience, Boeing’s knowledge in bringing innovative service solutions to commercial, defence and space customers has united to form Boeing Global Services. Global Fleet Care is a Boeing Global Services (BGS) business that provides integrated solutions to Airlines in the areas of Fleet Technical Management, Inventory Management and MRO Maintenance Execution to customers throughout the world and is a growing market segment for the company.
BGS Supply Chain Quality is seeking a Quality Specialist to work as part of the US, Singapore, & UK Material Services Quality Team with the overall purpose of ensuring adherence to required standards and compliance with Program, Customer and Regulatory requirements.
The position, based in the UK, will focus on Material Services Quality activities such parts distribution, pool management, component receiving & inspection, inventory management, part certification, and component maintenance.
This role will be responsible for the following:
• Conduct routine audits of program inventory at customer, service provider, and program locations in order to ensure contract/program/process compliance and identify areas for improvement
• Provide comprehensive assessments of all materials management activities to ensure compliance with FAA, EASA and other NAA requirements, as well as incorporated industry best practices.
• Access program and company IT systems to perform daily customer support & component management responsibilities
• Review policies and procedures to verify compliance and provide input to revisions as required
• Work with customer, suppliers, and program staff to provide part discrepancy resolution and guidance on issues relating to product quality
• Review and present findings of noncompliance and observations with the appropriate personnel or representatives of suppliers, service providers, partners, and customers
• Validate non-conformities to the required level to ensure appropriate corrective and preventative actions are taken
• Ensure adequate corrective and/or preventative actions are implemented, planned or accomplished for all audit findings
• Manage special projects in a team environment or individually
• Knowledge of component and materials Quality Systems such as ASA-100 or AS9120 Quality Systems Standard
• Knowledge of FAA and EASA Part 21 regulations for component parts
• Knowledge of FAA and EASA Part 145 regulations for component maintenance
• Experience on component certification and receiving inspections requirements
• Experience of issuance, analysis and acceptance of corrective actions
• Familiar with Boeing systems (REDARS, IPC/IPD, etc)
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN
IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.