With our global presence, brands and business within our mission,bringing health through food to as many people as possible; we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
Our conviction is that great products are an essential part of life?
Become our Regional Buyer Food,in Early Life Nutrition Division,based in Limonest (69).
This position is part of the Danone company Cycles & Procurement team. More specifically, this position belongs to the FOOD category within the Direct cycle. 16 buyers are part of this FOOD category, half of them located in Schiphol and half of them located in the Region Business Units.
Temporary contract : 10 months
To leverage the ELN FOOD regional supplier's capabilities in order to secure the Danone CBU license to operate (Supply security / Quality & Food Safety / Sustainability) and strengthen the Danone CBU competitive advantage (Cost competitiveness / Consumer connection).
Our conviction is that great products are an essential part of life! And to make them great, our purpose is to responsibly source the right materials (in a safe, secured & sustainable way) and to harness innovative solutions that appeal to our consumers.
The fresh fruits & vegetables categories have started a journey aiming at getting 100% sustainable sourcing by 2020. To have this strategical axis embedded and validated, a robust sourcing strategy has to be implemented in order to combine baby food grade quality, supply security and sustainable sourcing. This is creating new opportunities to communicate and bring re-assurance to our consumers together with CBU Topline team. This is as well contributing to give a sense of what we do in Business!
Objectives of the role
- Strategic Vision: Build and deploy the Regional Fruits & Vegetables Western Europe sourcing strategies, taking into account the factory, brands & regulation needs, as well as the suppliers performance and capabilities. To set ambitious vision and objectives in across the 4 strategical dimensions of the Compass (Supply Security & Quality-Food Safety / Sustainability / Consumer connection / Cost & Cash) for the Fruits & Vegetables Categories. A specific focus will be put into securing the supply and the baby grade food quality.
- Managerial Complexity: Ensure effective functional relationship and communication between the C&P Fruits & Vegetables Categories and the key stakeholders.
Internal: OPP, Supplier quality team, Quality Supply Point, Global Food safety, Product Development, Brand managers & Controlling & other C&P Food Global buyers.
External: Farmers, Cooperatives, Processors or Traders, Governmental agriculture bodies, technical centers, NGO...
- Impact on Business: Manage the supplier performance and capabilities, create productivity opportunities from supplier negotiation and new sourcing. Deliver the committed C&P contribution in local COVI projects.
- Ensure the sourcing fundamentals: Contract signature, VEGA, Respect (Sedex), sustainable sourcing, manage suppliers risk to ensure business continuity, avoid crisis, drive and coordinate supply crisis resolution to limit PSL/CSL impact.
- Innovation & Competencies: Open-up to ideas from outside, be curious, ask questions to understand and challenge the status-quo, propose new models more efficient in coordination with other functions, identify innovative ideas or initiatives coming from outside and propose them inside Danone, in order to contribute improving the ELN business line performance. Understand the quality, marketing & factory needs and communicate them to the suppliers, identify potential routes to increase Sourcing and Procurement efficiency.
- Manage the Regional Fruits & Vegetables categories delivered to West Europe factories within a spend of 10M€/year made with 30 farmers and suppliers.
- Manage transversal Food projects defined on ad-hoc basis, in interaction with N+1 and the Category Manager.
- Support CBU's for communication on sustainable agriculture, event organization in supplier farms, sourcing information request.
- Represent Danone outside the company: purchasing and farmers associations, farmers, NGO, technical centers etc. and building effective relationships with their management and teams.
- VEGA (Vendor Evaluation and General Assessment) scores for all suppliers.
- Food safety issue at consumer level: quality consumer complains & Danone plant first time right improvement.
- Service Level: no supply shortage + OTIF-Q performance.
- Suppliers Sedex compliance.
- Sustainable sourcing according Food ambition.
- Productivity: Purchasing Method + Duplication + Cost Avoidance.
- Cash: DPO and raw material stock improvement.
- Contract coverage review on monthly basis.
- Raw material price update quarterly for C&P Rolling Forecast.
30% of the time, mainly in France, also to other EU countries like Spain and Italy, to visit farmers and suppliers
Skills & functional competencies
- Purchasing skills.
- Farmers relationship management.
- Knowledge of agronomy.
- Budgeting & financial reporting.
- Sustainable agriculture.
- Food safety.
- Sourcing strategy.
- Supplier development.
- Project management.
Critical technical competencies
- Fluent English & French.
- Farmer management: capability to understand farmer daily constraints & manage specific relationship.
- Ability to switch from a very short term supply issue to long term business development with farmers.
- Negotiation & influencing skills.
- Results driven but able to compromise if needed without losing sight of the desired end results.
- Able to set priorities, work autonomously, take some distance and be pragmatic.
- Enthusiast, positive and aware of own limitations.
Minimum 2 years, preferably on raw material sourcing or farmer management or sustainability project manager.