• Educated to Degree level eg BA, BSc
• Demonstrated expertise in managing marketing or commercial categories is required, particularly with respect to developing & implementing strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management
• Demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing across multiple geographies and business units
• Demonstrated experience in managing global/regional projects with consideration to diverse LOC needs and regulation (eg taxes, law, regulation)
• MBA, MCIPS (or US/International equivalents)
• Experience in Marketing or Digital Agencies is preferred
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare, dedicated to our mission to help people do more, feel better & live longer. We also have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our CBS Procurement department in the role of Regional Category Manager for Northern Europe and Digital.
The successful candidate will lead the execution and management of comprehensive Global sourcing strategies for marketing Agencies in the Northern Europe region for all Business Units, and to manage agency relationships to enable a faster and high quality outputs on all asset creation.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will contribute to the creation and management of the Global Digital Marketing Strategy, providing market/industry intelligence to the Global Category Lead and helping with the execution of strategy locally.
Strategy creation & execution
• Participate in the development of the global strategies and lead their deployment in the markets of accountability for advertising agencies, operating with a truly regional and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with other regional and global category leaders and local procurement colleagues.
• Be the markets expert in marketing categories
• Deliver approved source plans for 100% of all preferred suppliers and categories of expenditure.
• Deliver markets benefits identified in global and regional strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
• Deliver local and in country benefits ensuring local and in country Finance and affected business units are fully engaged
• Create and deliver effective markets budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global and regional budgets
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key local stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure markets considerations are accounted for in global and regional supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure markets considerations are taken into account in global and regional supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead markets supply base and strategy reviews.
• Set direction & inspire
• Work across boundaries
• Release energy
• Develop capability & talent
• Drive performance
• Live our values