GSK’s global manufacturing and supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help us achieve our mission of helping people do more, feel better, live longer. We have more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year for the patients and consumers at the end of our supply chains.
Our Barnard Castle facility is one of GSKs flagship New Product Introduction sites, working in partnership with our research and development division to rapidly bring ground breaking medicines to people all over the world at the right quality and the right price.
At Barnard Castle, we proudly manufacture 38 different medicines in over 1500 pack variations to treat HIV, cancer, infectious diseases, migraines, psoriasis, dermatitis, asthma, cold sores and acne, to name just a few. We supply these to over 130 markets around the world.
We are currently seeking a Site Launch and Data Co-ordinator to join the team at Barnard Castle until December 31st 2018 to help ensure our products are delivered as required to patients and consumers globally.
As a Site Launch and Data Co-ordinator, you will be involved in Supply Chain planning activities to deliver best in class service to both internal and external customers. This unique and varied role will offer you the opportunity to work with a global product range covering the Dermatological, Cephalosporins, Steriles, Syringes and Inhalations Business Units.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that all pack creations and changes are implemented within agreed lead-times, at minimum cost to the company and their customers whilst complying with quality and safety requirements.
• Co-ordinating the creation and change of site master data though cross-functional interaction to deliver against targets of cost, quality and service lead times.
• Ensuring that all data creations and changes are implemented through SAP notifications in a controlled and compliant manner.
• Ensuring that any creation or change activity is carried out in accordance with the associated Standard Operating Procedures, Company Quality Standards and Regulatory Requirements.
• Communicating and liaising with the other SL&DC team members to drive continuous improvement as an integral part of the day to day business and demonstrate commitment by encouraging and participating in team improvement activities.
• Communicating and working with the Site Launch Manager to achieve performance targets and objectives.
• Working proactively with the data owners, providers and maintainers to ensure that all matters relating to changes are fully discussed, understood and communicated so that data is available in a timely manner to meet the needs of the business.
The successful applicant will ideally demonstrate:
• Ability to co-ordinate complex pack and data change activities with conflicting priorities and time-scales, including activity prioritisation and correct handling of interdependencies within programme of work.
• Effective planning, scheduling and prioritisation skills.
• Capable of consistently delivering outputs to defined deadlines.
• A positive proactive approach and “can do” attitude to problem solving.
• Lateral thinker able to use initiative.
• Ability to manage own workload and time.
• Attention to detail to realise the impact of proposed changes.
• High “Right First Time” quality of work at all times.
• Capable of working consistently in a prescribed manner.
• Is capable of understanding complex issues and driving resolution.
• Must have the ability to communicate with staff at all levels internally and externally.
• Capable of working with a multi-lingual customer base.
• Strong customer focus and understanding of customer needs.
• Experience of working with Agile and/or SAP
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.