To understand, articulate and deliver the Food Group strategy and bring our vision to life by accurately applying the principles in store and regional forecasting.
As a Store Forecasting Planner you will play a key role in identifying and driving opportunities to drive sales & availability in a profitable manner. You will co-ordinate and execute the delivery of this strategy in conjunction with Retail Trading and SRD as part of the ‘Power of 3’. You will be accountable for driving the long-term performance of up to 4 retail regions with regular store contact and visits.
As a Store Forecasting Planner you will work collaboratively with the Food Category teams to help manage the complexities of forecasting for regional and store performance, support building the total category forecast and delivering the most accurate product placement possible with an additional focus on regionally specific and peak seasonal events.
You will be required to build up expert knowledge of both the store estate and transformation programme. You will also have an expert knowledge of internal processes and systems, analyse regional and store level performance and make appropriate recommendations for forecasting purposes. You will help coach the store teams on how to maximise the benefits from head office processes and systems.
Your key accountabilities will include
• To understand, articulate and deliver the Food Group strategy and bring our vision to life by accurately applying the principles in store and regional level actions
• Support the delivery of the Food Group Sales, Availability and Waste targets
• Accountability for driving the performance of up to 4 Retail regions as part of the Power of 3
• Actively seek opportunities to improve store sales, availability and waste to drive positive LFL business performance
• Identify and agree focus stores on a quarterly basis (in conjunction with Food Trader, Floor Planner and Head of Region) and drive improvements to deliver results vs. pre-determined targets
• Co-ordinate store forecasting for major business events including Christmas & Easter
• Exploit business reporting solutions to provide periodic STG/Regional/Store trend analysis and daily commentary on performance to assist and advise the category teams in forecasting decisions
• Work closely with the cluster teams to maximise the sales opportunity for store events such as Friends & Family, Loyalty, religious festivals etc
• Provide support for stores impacted by new competitors opening or closing
• Provide support for stores impacted by internal stores opening or closing
• Help coach stores teams on how to maximise the benefits from new H/O processes and systems
• Work closely with Floor Planning team, store teams, Food Traders and Head of Region to deliver the most commercial use of macro space through detailed probing, store visits and building strong relationships
• Spend at least 20% of your time in stores working as part of the Power of 3
• Support the development of future reporting requirements
Your skills and experience will include
• Strong analytical skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving – ability to resolve complex issues
• Stakeholder management
• Team working
• Excellent knowledge of the store estate
• Excellent excel, MIS and FAQT skills
• Excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
• Excellent knowledge of business systems and business process such as Q, CSSM, SRD
• Trading Dashboard