To develop an in depth knowledge of the Supplier production process and route to market, proactively improving delivery accuracy and compliance whilst managing end to end costs with stakeholders. Delivering Operating Plan targets and supporting Future Food Group strategy.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include
• Working with depots and hubs to have a full understanding of supply chain process and working collaboratively to drive process improvements with the sites
• Provide resolution for ongoing supplier availability issues and capacity constraints, working closely with key stakeholders to make fast paced decisions
• Build and develop relationships with suppliers to ensure site production planning meets order demand and compliance KPI’s are achieved.
• Collaboratively working with supply base and category team to plan and implement promotions, NPD, exceptional trading, peaks and events
• Working with the supply base to manage sell through of delisting lines to ensure minimal write off on packaging and raw materials
• Collaboratively working with supply base and category team to exploit benefits of forecasting and ordering systems to deliver optimum lead times, product life in supply chain and tray/case fill. Understanding the supplier production capabilities and working closely to ensure we are working within site capacities.
• Thorough understanding of Logistics and the route to market for suppliers including depots and hubs enabling the best available flow of product.
• Working with Logistics to help identify and drive down out of cycle deliveries and on accurate volume planning through the network.
• Working closely with the Category and Central Forecasting teams to improve volume planning through the network
• Working with suppliers to ensure we abide by GSCOP, making sure M&S remain compliant and fair to all parties
• Tracking supplier service levels with a view to driving performance improvements through the Supply Chain Scorecard process
• Probing, analysing and improving suppliers’ delivery performance. Key stakeholder in supplier scorecard meetings
• Manage supplier delivery life into NDC/RDC
• Exploiting new opportunities within the supply chain to deliver ongoing efficiencies and best practice
• Ensuring a consistent way of working within all Supply Chain functions across the areas (FIP, SCP, DCP, FCP) whilst driving continuous improvement through the working groups.
• Accountable for sign off of data entry of all relevant supply chain reference data
• Recording of supplier service levels and reporting
• Resolving daily data governance errors
• Manage Supplier RFID and TEL compliance to required targets, focusing on the TEL No Read measure
• NART maintenance
• Food To Order management
• Make recommendations for use of charges on loss of profit due to short deliveries
• Supplier Delivery – On Time in Full
• FTO Performance Levels
• Supplier Compliance Figures (ASN, SSCC, Date Life, TEL)
• Supplier Scorecard measures
• Supplier/depot/hub visits
• Out of cycle compliance
Your skills and experience will include
• Ability to analyse and interpret data
• Numeracy Skills
• Understanding Supplier Production Processes
• Knowledge of route to market of products
• Strong excel skills
• Strong strategic and analytical skills
• Developing relationships and acting with integrity
• Team working
• Stakeholder Management
• Written communication
• Supplier / 3PL Haulier Management
• Conflict Resolution
• Root cause analysis
• Negotiation Skills
• Structured and Organised