• Inquisitive mind set, looks to understand and resolve problems
• Able to work within a fast-moving environment
• Experience of working within or with logistics in a production environment
• Comfortable in the use of SAP / MRP systems
• Scheduling experience ideally within despatch, materials or production
• Understanding of vehicle loading principles and export documentation requirements
• Further education qualification within an appropriate subject
GSK Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Here we produce over 400,000,000 units of toothpaste and mouthwash on an annual basis. This site is home to some of our most recognisable brands such as Sensodyne and Aquafresh.
Given the huge volumes which we produce it is essential that we pack, load, transport and invoice our customers for the products we supply efficiently. Your role is to be accountable for all site based sales and distribution activities, coordinating the end to end goods out activities from order generation to receipt of cash.
This is definitely not a ‘hide behind a computer’ position though. You are part of the logistics and warehouse team and so you will take part in accountability meetings, build strong relationships with external suppliers and work with your many internal stakeholders within warehouse, finance, and scheduling.
No two days are ever the same, the manufacturing environment can be unpredictable and you must think on your feet to make sound business decisions under pressure.
As a result, your knowledge and expertise will rapidly develop and in time you will take ownership of finished goods invoicing and shipping on behalf of the site.
Day to Day Duties
• Responsible for finished good invoice generation, issuing and query resolution.
• Creation of despatch plan and ordering vehicle requirements based on sites filling and packing schedule. Responsible for monitoring and adjusting plan in line with site production performance.
• Generate, maintain and distribute all shipping documentation.
• Maintain finished goods and customer master data within ERP system.
• Monitor and problem solve shipment right first time KPIs on behalf of Maidenhead site.
• Identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities within the ‘order to cash’ process.
• Liaise with local procurement to monitor & manage supplier performance.
• Take personal accountability for maintained EHS and GMP standards.
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities
Our Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) teams are responsible for making and shipping the products that help people do more, feel better, live longer. We employ more than 27,000 people in GMS, across 86 sites in 36 countries. Together, these people help to produce 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccines and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products every year.
To find out more about working at GSK, click here.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.