As Senior Category Manager for Imaging, you will be responsible for driving the Commercial team to achieve its vision of 'One simple way of working to offer our customers great ranges and promotions with the right stock'.
The Senior Category Manager will develop and implement the category plan to deliver the sales, margin and stock budgets. Maximise margin delivery by managing suppliers efficiently and provide a range to meet customer needs. Deliver promotional activity to drive sales and competitiveness whilst supporting effective stock management. Ensuring that the category is always striving for a market leading range that delivers to our customer needs. The candidate will embrace online as a vehicle to drive awareness and consideration for the range.
• Establish credible relationships with suppliers to ensure the best cost, best supply and best delivery for our customers
• Be aware of market activity and continually using this information to ensure that the category is performing
• Work side by side with the merchandisers to ensure all metrics are hit across sales and stock
• Provide feedback and challenge on the commercial processes to ensure that we continually make improvements to better deliver for our customers
• Contribute to projects within the Commercial team and the wider Dixons Carphone Group
You will have:
• Good numerical and analytical skills to be capable of monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products, and past sales patterns to forecast demand
• Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills to enable successful negotiations with suppliers
• Precise judgment and strong decision-making skills to enable the right actions for the category
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of presenting within senior forums
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.