Overall Department Direction
Defence Systems Technology (DST) is a business unit within the Marine and Technology Division of Babcock International Group. Working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST works with a number of key clients domestically and internationally. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven people.
In this role you will help generate significant value for the business by designing supply chains that align with the business needs, developing key supplier relationships to increase performance and by providing enabling elements that ensure on time delivery as well as reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services.
This role will involve the provision of supplier agreements that ensure Goods and/or Services for the Company at the best total acquisition cost, consistent with the specified technical, quality assurance and delivery requirements.
An understanding of supply chain risk and mitigation and experience in creating innovate contracting mechanisms that drive value and performance in a collaborative environment will be crucial.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to influence at a senior level and to assist suppliers in continuous improvement endeavours.
Timely, high quality, best value bought-out finished supplies, raw materials, and services are critical to the success of this business.
Babcock actively support career progression with sponsored charterships, training, learning and development, secondments and mentoring.
The successful candidate will carry out the following:
• Ensure all Contracts within the individual’s authority meet the Babcock International Group Commercial, Health and Safety policies and procedures and are compliant within the legal entity that they are being placed.
Key Skills and Knowledge
• Able to work with and influence key stakeholders and suppliers towards results delivery.
Key Behaviours and Technical Competencies
• Highly developed communication skills
• Appropriate level of experience in procurement or acquisition of goods and services.
• A recognised degree level qualification and/or relevant engineering/supply chain/lean culture experience
What else do I need to know?
• The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.