· Benchmark procurement activities from the different Company organisations, in the area of Non-Production Related articles and identify risks and benefits associated with each opportunity.
· Define and propose to Management possible improvement area’s in the non-direct material purchases and design and implement cost saving action plans.
· Co-ordinate the gradual centralization of the procurement of Non-Production Related articles for all European Company plants working in cooperation with Plant Purchasing organization and HQ involved Departments.
· Co-ordinate the activities of the Equity Procurement Platform. The Equity Procurement Platform develops and implements Purchasing Projects and Strategies based on the Business Requirements of the Company Retail organisations making sure the results are compliant with Corporate Strategy.
· Negotiate pan-European agreement for the major purchases done by the owned & operated stores of the retail organization
· Coordinate and follow –up the operational purchasing activity required by HQ Departments, for articles having a Pan-European scope. The function will be supported by the activity of a junior colleague with a short experience in the organization. Travel will be required.
Experience and other Requirements
University or equivalent degree in economics / engineering. 3-4 years experience, in a purchase environment preferably. in a corporate function of a multinational company Competencies: Be pro-active/self-starter; able to learn the environment quickly in order to propose best fitting solutions; Interacting effectively Languages: Be fluent in English – any other language (French, German, Spanish, Italian) is an asset; Preferably the candidate should have some SAP/ERP experience.