This position necessitates providing leadership, direction, and guidance through the end-to-to clinical outsourcing and contracting process including appropriate due diligence and oversight requirements. This role requires a high level of interactive communication to set clear direction for the study teams and external Suppliers/Vendors.
• Lead the clinical outsourcing process and work with Clinical Operation Teams to deliver robust contracting agreements:
o upfront assessment of risk
o development of detailed specifications
o selection of suitable suppliers
o leading the analysis and comparison of proposals - for both service (activity) and cost provision
o negotiating costs and content
o executing contracts and contract amendments
• Ensuring that contracts maximize value whilst minimizing risk across a broad scope of clinical / therapeutic outsourcing services as well as regional, regulatory and legal requirements
• May act as single point of contact for nominated GSK Business Groups to develop both understanding of their needs and to prepare, with them, appropriate solutions to meet their resourcing needs, including determining and defining the scope of contract services required, suitability of suppliers, identification, facilitation and resolution of all business and legal issues
• Deliver solutions for simplifying work practices to increase productivity and reduce waste
• Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Science field and experience within the pharmaceuticals industry.
• Proven experience within the Pharmaceutical or Contract Research Industries coupled with detailed knowledge and understanding of the clinical development processes and/or
o Clinical research experience (Phase I - IV)
o Demonstrable experience and participation in the clinical outsourcing process
As above plus:
• A proven track record of contract management or Business/Proposal Development.
• Financial analysis experience, including a proven track record of budget management, contract financial analysis, evaluation of pricing models and negotiation of the financial aspects of contract
• Ability to build relationships at all levels, across many disciplines both internally and externally
• Excellent and demonstrable negotiation, influencing, analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills within the pharmaceutical or CRO industry
• Excellent time-management skills and a proven ability and history of multi-tasking
• Demonstrable ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
We want to help people do more, feel better, live longer
We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Across the US, we employ more than 15,000 people who strive to help others do more, feel better and live longer. This work starts one person, one community, and one story at a time.
As a science-led, global healthcare business with clear values, we offer countless opportunities for people at various stages of their careers. On-the-job learning and rewarding individual contributions are extremely important to us. We believe in creating an inclusive and safe working environment and supporting our employees to help their communities.