• Bachelor’s Degree in the Life Science field with a minimum of 6 years’ experience within the pharmaceuticals industry.
• Proven experience within the Pharmaceutical or Contract Research Industries coupled with detailed knowledge and understanding of the clinical development processes and/or
o Clinical research experience (Phase I - IV)
o Demonstrable experience and participation in the clinical outsourcing process
As above plus:
• A proven track record of contract management or Business/Proposal Development.
• Financial analysis experience, including a proven track record of budget management, contract financial analysis, evaluation of pricing models and negotiation of the financial aspects of contract
• Ability to build relationships at all levels, across many disciplines both internally and externally
• Excellent and demonstrable negotiation, influencing, analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills within the pharmaceutical or CRO industry
• Excellent time-management skills and a proven ability and history of multi-tasking
• Demonstrable ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
To lead the Clinical Development Client Groups through the end-to-end process of clinical outsourcing and contracting process. The provision of expert outsourcing advice and guidance to Client Groups to ensure awareness aware of their role in the overall contracting process, including due diligence and oversight requirements.
• Lead the contracting process and work with Clinical Development Client Groups to deliver contract agreements that are robust and timely through:
o upfront assessment of risk
o development of detailed specifications
o selection of suitable suppliers
o leading the analysis and comparison of proposals - for both service (activity) and cost provision
o negotiating costs and content
o executing contracts and contract amendments
• Ensuring that contracts maximize value whilst minimizing risk across a broad scope of clinical / therapeutic outsourcing services as well as regional, regulatory and legal requirements
• May act as single point of contact for nominated GSK Business Groups to develop both understanding of their needs and to prepare, with them, appropriate solutions to meet their resourcing needs, including determining and defining the scope of contract services required, suitability of suppliers, identification, facilitation and resolution of all business and legal issues
• Deliver solutions for simplifying work practices to increase productivity and reduce waste
• Deputise, in absence, for Line Manager
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.