•Significant experience in leading teams in multiple geographies.
•Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
•Strong Procurement leadership experience
•Experience in project/ change management embedding complex change within a large organization
•Proven track record of consistent high performance and delivery
•Demonstrated ability to partner with senior stakeholders, internally and externally
•Excellent business acumen/ ability to build strong business case
•Credible and recognized global procurement leader with Procurement experience gained in Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or FMCG Environment.
•Master level degree in engineering or MBA.
•Track Record within IT (IT or Procurement organisation), operating at director level
•High energy, enthusiastic and results driven with strong business acumen.
•Resilient and persistent with the ability to make the right decisions.
•Develop and present persuasive arguments to deliver change and influence stakeholders.
•Creative, conceptual thinker, exceptional problem solving/analytical skills.
•Possess strong interpersonal skills.
•Able to work in a matrix environment and with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
•Strong verbal and written skills.
•Innovation, Courage, Teamwork, Collaboration,
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing close to 100,000 people globally, we have 87 manufacturing sites around the world.
Our pharmaceuticals business researches, develops and makes available medicines that treat a variety of serious and chronic diseases. We have medicines available or in development in a wide range of areas including:
•Asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Click here to find out how you can help people do more, feel better and live longer!
We are currently seeking an ambitious Sr Procurement Director-Global IT Category to join our team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
This is a high-impact senior role (on the Corporate Services Leadership Team) with responsibility for a global Procurement team who will successfully drive change in partnership with HR stakeholders in all regions. The external IT environment is rapidly developing with the increase of digital technologies and analytics. We require a strong and dynamic leader who will optimize our current supplier relationships to harness innovation from our Strategic Supplier Partnerships. The Role is responsible for a spend of approx. £400m (Opex+Capex). with 3rd parties. The role looks after the entire global IT spend and includes software, hardware and services.
The Senior Procurement Director will be responsible for the following strategy creation & execution:
•Create and implement world class sourcing strategies (in collaboration with stakeholders) to identify innovations
• Partner with suppliers to drive continuous improvement and performance.
• Take accountability for delivery of the financial/savings plan (including OPEX).
• Lead & develop the global category team to build procurement capabilities through SMART objective setting, development plans, and coaching aligned to GSK behaviours and expectations.
•Lead and direct category teams, ensuring creation of global sourcing strategies (using GSK strategic sourcing methodology) which incorporate business requirements and capitalise on market disruption to deliver long term opportunities
• Execute sourcing strategy globally
•Create and implement communication strategy to ensure engagement for delivery of strategy
• Effective annual forecasting and setting of savings targets (via defined Spend Management Framework process) for the IT team in alignment with Finance
• Deliver benefits to agreed annual targets through effective strategy execution and project management governance. Inspire, motivate and reward teams towards high performance delivery.
Business partnering & stakeholder management:
• Influence key global stakeholders and business partners to support, endorse and deliver strategies via category councils
External supplier relationships:
• Negotiate, create, and execute global contracts for IT
• Build strategic relationships with key supplier leadership teams, and actively participate in Business Review Meetings. Motivate and reward suppliers to bring market leading innovations.
• Create culture of collaboration and inclusion to drive superior performance. Lead, manage and develop team members to reach full potential.