Senior IT Manager – Logistics and Supply Chain
£55,000 - £69,000 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for a passionate senior IT manager to join our dynamic retail IT team and lead the technology strategy for logistics and supply chain, helping us create innovative ways of doing business for our customers, members and colleagues.
As a senior IT manager you’ll lead and empower a multi-disciplinary team to be their creative best, shaping innovative industry-leading solutions to drive efficiencies across the business. You’ll embed yourself in our operational retail teams, partnering the business up to exec level making sure our logistics and supply chain technology portfolio is aligned to our business priorities. It’s a big job. We have a complex supply chain landscape of 11 distribution centres across the UK servicing over 4,000 retail stores. But an even bigger opportunity to drive exciting change and innovation within this important area.
What you’ll do
• lead, guide and inspire a multi-disciplinary team of 5
• develop and lead the logistics and supply chain IT strategy by building a 3-5 year strategic plan
• build relationships and work with a variety of people including technical subject matter experts, delivery teams, architects and project managers
• work alongside technical specialists to shape solutions that meet business needs
• act as a change champion, driving positive and innovative change across the portfolio
• make sure solution designs align to business strategy
• minimise business impact and service down time
• govern the technology road map, making sure it’s reviewed regularly and that it is compliant
This role would suit people who have
• experience delivering large scale technology change programmes
• a retail background
• knowledge of logistics and supply chain systems would be an advantage but not essential
• excellent relationship building skills able to engage with a variety of people across all levels of the business
• good communication skills, able to translate a complex technical strategy to a non-technical audience
• an awareness of the external market and keep up with market trends and technology innovations
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.