The GSK Global Procurement function is tasked with ensuring that the business obtains value-for-money services, products and solutions to facilitate GSK’s business model and vision of delivering market-leading medicines to patients all over the world. The Global Procurement team is comprised of over 700 colleagues (in over 65 countries) who are collectively responsible for managing over £11Billion in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories.
Senior Manager – R&D Procurement (Clinical Trial Supplies)
Following recent changes to the GSK Procurement Department we have a newly created opportunity for a Senior Manager in the R&D Procurement function to be responsible for Clinical Trial Supplies. You will manage specific categories relating to clinical trials (for example comparators of packaging, distribution and labelling). The role has critical scope to deliver GSK R&D pipeline and to manage GSK product life-cycles. You will create and execute global sourcing strategies for Clinical Trial Supplies categories and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the market actors, their capabilities and capacities. You will manage and monitor ongoing negotiations with 3rd parties, all the while championing the sourcing group management process and policies across functions and link these to GSK's strategic direction. Utilizing your knowledge and experience, you will utilise complex business processes in all GSK supplier transactions (including managing all risk/regulatory/compliance requirements), implements and supports procurement strategies to maximize supplier leverage.
In the role you will interact closely with R&D leaders (VP and Directors) from across GSK’s R&D organization. You will also contribute to the global strategy, taking account of functional business needs and therapeutic area needs, to ensure that the global strategy will be comprehensive with Business Unit requests (as well as consistent with regional or local needs).
• Manage a spend of circa £50m by creating comprehensive global sourcing strategies clinical services categories, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset.
• Build strategic relationships with a network of GSK global stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement’s value proposition. Align sourcing strategies accordingly.
• Deliver global benefits identified in strategies through effective strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), compliance, quality, service, cost and innovation.
• Engage stakeholders, Finance and other relevant functions in the sourcing strategy delivery and execution.
• Build strategic relationships with key suppliers and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure BUs considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
• Lead and direct category teams within scope of responsibility.
• Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks.
• Contribute to the achievement of goals through personal efforts and influence over others.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of this role we are looking for the successful applicant to ideally be based at Stevenage, but we can also work with someone based at GSK House (Brentford, West London).
CLOSING DATE for applications: Wednesday 14th November 2018 (COB).
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Significant experience in procurement
- Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
- English proficiency (written and oral)
- Leadership/communication skills
•- Master’s Degree (Business Administration or Sciences)
- Further relevant qualifications (eg; CIPS, MCIPS)
- Scientific background, ideally with knowledge/exposure to Clinical Studies and associated technology
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.