When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the of the UK’s largest food manufacturers, with an annual turnover of £2.5billion+, over 17,000 people and covering more than 20 sites.
This role sits within our Meals division, where we live by our mantra of ‘Making Every Meal Moment Special’. We have 4 sites creating over 500 different products to feed our nation, from ready meals to iced fingers…we love our food and we love our people. Our Newport site based in Rogerstone is one of the largest and most advanced food manufacturing facilities in Europe, with over 1500 employees, turning over £140 Million per year.
About the Role:
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Raw Materials Technologist to join or Newport site which produce ‘best in class’ ready meals predominantly for M&S. This site is a fast paced, dynamic and ‘no two days the same’ environment; making it a great place to work.
As a Senior Raw Materials Technologist, you will be required manage the introduction and ongoing maintenance of all suppliers and raw materials approval and ensure food safety in the supply chain through use of risk management tools. You will be required to complete supplier audits where necessary and deputise for the Raw Material Manager when required. You will manage the introduction and ongoing maintenance of all suppliers and raw materials approval, ensuring food safety in the supply chain and complete raw material risk assessments for new and existing products. You should understand raw material functionality and advise areas of the business on seasonality, provenance, risk and carry out relevant activities to ensure continuous supply. You will work with Factory Technical Managers to ensure new launches are integrated into site food safety & quality systems and product integrity. You will also deal with day to day site and customer requirements and give technical advice on raw materials ensuring compliance.
· Food manufacturing experience – preferably have previous Raw Material knowledge
· Moderate level HACCP / Internal / Supplier auditing qualification
· Track record of working across multi disciplines.
· Excellent communication skills including on occasions with the customer and during external audits
· Positive and enthusiastic.
· Sets standard for self and others in delivery of technical information to the relevant audience.
· Computer literate.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and work well in a team.
· Enthusiastic and determined, highly self-motivated.
· Willingness to undertake training
· ‘can-do’ attitude, proactive approach