Global brands existing supply chain has been built off the back of the UK centric Boots UK supply chain and today consists of an increasingly complex blend of different supply chain processes and systems. We have recognised the need to transform our supply chain capability over the next 2 years if we are to continue to provide our existing high standards of customer service, at the same time as enabling our future business growth ambition, and have embarked on an exciting programme of supply chain transformation. We are based in Nottingham, UK with Regional offices in New York and Hong Kong and would love to hear from talented supply chain professionals who would like to join us on our transformation journey as we create a world class global supply chain capability for WBA.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
• This role is accountable for developing and leading the change agenda for GB supply.
• Leading a significant change programme which will transform the GB supply capability over the next 5 years into world class capability.
• The role is responsible for supply chain best practice globally and ensuring high standards of competence and compliance are maintained & applied across all areas of GB supply.
• The role is part of the Global Brands extended Supply Leadership Team and reports to the Head of Global Brands Supply Chain Development
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkin, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
• Accountable for planning, directing and collaborating with our strategic supply systems partners, our internal IT systems team and our 3x regional supply teams (UK/Asia/US) to lead & develop the change agenda for supply chain processes and systems.
• To work collaboratively with the regional supply business leaders to understand their business needs and ensure these are built into the development agenda, processes and system solutions. Ensuring stakeholders are engaged in the development plan.
• To develop the business case for change working across a wide range of functional areas, ensure return on investment is maximized, and initiatives are delivered on budget
• To lead a team of subject matter experts & Project Managers, ensuring high standards of service level to the supply teams and acting as the escalation point for major incident resolution.
• Responsible for designing and delivering a supporting capability programme that equips GB supply teams with the necessary skills to operate and drive value from new capability
• To research and learn from external supply best practice through professional networks and relationships and lead the thinking on how these can be applied to ensure that Global Brands Supply Chain is able to deliver an industry leading service to WBA trading businesses and external partners
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Graduate in supply chain, business or engineering with experience of leading significant supply chain improvement projects within retail/FMCG industries
• Comfortable workings cross functionally with technical and functional experts. Operational experience of logistics/supply chain management and proven track record of delivery in at least 2 functional areas of supply chain management (eg demand planning, logistics, supply management, supply change management, sourcing).
• Track record of supply chain optimisation and generating value maximising solutions.
• Digitally fluent; comfortable working with at distance using collaboration and communication tools.
• Able to build relationships with internal stakeholders across cultural, geographical and language barriers
• Demonstrated analytical thinker, skilled in problem-solving and project management,
• Proactive, decisional, goal and results oriented, able to manage priorities and remove barriers.
• SAP experience preferred as well as an ability to learn, utilise and develop new supply chain systems and data.
• Proven experience in Supply Chain related fields.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.