Following recent changes to the GSK Procurement Department we are currently seeking a Site Procurement Buyer to be based at our Consumer Healthcare production facility at Maidenhead.
In this role you will take responsibility for procurement across site covering both direct and indirect spend. Key areas of focus for you will include the creation and execution of Procurement strategies by creating strong relationships with stakeholders at various levels across Site.
As a Site Procurement Buyer you will partner with the local site teams to drive and support Procurement delivery. At a strategic level, you will support the alignment with the Site Leadership Team; ensure the site business needs and priorities are well understood and supported from Global Category Procurement teams and contributes, directly or indirectly, to the strategic management of key suppliers.
From a more tactical perspective, you will support the local Procurement team in the operational management of activities, implementation of sourcing strategies and other global projects.
Your main duties
• Support the development of the long and short-term plans and processes to improve Procurement processes to enhance the overall performance of the Site.
• Managing interfaces between Procurement and the Site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and Site stakeholders.
• Support the Procurement function at Site (Directs, Manufacturing In-directs and Capex).
• Develop and manage the Site supply base to meet GSK’s requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast-moving environment. Adapt and respond to regularly changing business requirements.
• Actively negotiate contracts for specific categories.
• Reduce the Directs, Manufacturing Indirects and Capex costs of the site.
• Balancing both strategic and operational requirements. Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on GSK revenue stream.
• Secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management approach as a foundation of Procurement mission.
• Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
About GSK Maidenhead
Our Consumer Healthcare manufacturing centre in Maidenhead is one of the most advanced operations of its kind in the world. Dedicated to the production of Oral Healthcare brands such as Sensodyne, Aquafresh & Macleans we produce in excess of 1,000,000 tubes of toothpaste and bottles of Mouthwash per day for consumers across the globe.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Monday 3rd December 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
• Operational Procurement experience, ideally across multiple spend categories.
• Awareness of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review and supplier development
• Understanding of risk management.
• Ability to drive & implement change
• Ability to manage sensitive partnerships including strong influencing and stakeholder partnering
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Qualification within Procurement – for example, Degree, CIPS, etc.
• Experience of working within a highly-regulated procurement environment
• Awareness of cost benchmark & financial audit with key supplier and legal matters (contracting)