Airbus Operations GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for a highly motivated Strategic Buyer (d/f/m) for Aircraft Cabins within Airbus in Hamburg at the earliest possible start date. You will join the Procurement Monuments & F2F department.
For its sourcing scope, the department is in charge of developing buying strategies, running call for tenders and manage existing supplier work packages for all Airbus aircraft programmes. It is accountable to meet time, cost and quality targets for its global supplier base of more than 50 suppliers in Europe, North America and Asia.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Development of sourcing strategies and shaping of a competitive supplier landscape for the allocated work packages that meet Airbus' commercial and industrial requirements
- Driving innovation (e.g. connected cabin) and cost improvement ideas with suppliers and ensure that Airbus' needs are met
- Running Call-for-tenders, negotiating technical changes and contract amendments and manage commercial supplier relationship
This role will involve some travel for business (approx. once a month; worldwide) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your boarding pass:
- You hold a degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Business Economics or a related discipline
- You have first working experiences in the areas of Procurement and/or Supply Chain
- You have knowledge in Project Management
- Ideally you have first professional experience as a consultant in the areas of Supply Chain and/or Procurement
- You are delivery and customer oriented, innovative and have an autonomous and structured way of working
- Good communication and networking skills as well as analytical thinking are part of your DNA
- You are fluent in English, German or French skills would be big plus
Cannot tick all the boxes? No problem! You are willing to use your talent to learn the rest? Great - we encourage you to apply.