Airbus Operations GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for a Supplier Development Manager (d/f/m) for Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg to join the "Supplier Development Germany" department at the earliest possible date.
As successful jobholder you will join the Procurement Operations and you will be in charge of implementing recovery, development and assessments assignments at supplier's site.
The position requires availability for extensive (80%) business travel throughout Europe.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing supplier relationships by supporting them in building robustness in their supply chain and conduct the creation of continuous improvement plans or roadmaps
- Delivering robustness throughout the Airbus supply chain including sub-tiers
- Restoring & securing supplier quality and on time delivery to the required level
- Improving supplier performance by implementing advanced actions
- Improving supply chain efficiency by eliminating waste
- Reporting regularly and managing feedback to internal customers and stakeholders
- Supporting the improvement of internal Airbus processes.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
- Solid experience preferably in one or more of following domains: Procurement, Production planning and scheduling, Supply Chain, Programme Management, Manufacturing or LEAN.
We are looking for recognized experts in the following areas with proven operational experiences:
o APQP and 6 sigma
o Operations management (MRP, APICS/CPIM certification)
o Lean methodologies
o Industrial Capability and maturity assessments
o Project Management skills
o Suppliers Recoveries and Crisis Management
Core soft skills and values include:
o Strong leadership & communication/influencing skills
o Ability to work comfortably and autonomously on all hierarchical levels
o Respect, agility, goal oriented, courage and trust
o Negotiation level of German and English, French and/or other languages would be a plus.
This role will involve extensive travel for business (4 days a week) in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.