Commodity Buyer – Relationship Manager for Respiratory
The Ellipta is a multi-dose powder inhaler which is the inhaler platform for the delivery of GSK's portfolio of new inhaled medications including Relvar/BREO, Anoro, Incruse and Arnuity. The inhaler has been designed to a high technical specification but most importantly to better meet the needs of patients. The Ellipta inhaler builds on the attributes already seen with Diskus but with improved features including ease of use and a larger and clearer dose counter.
Data from patient studies has shown that patients across a range of disease severities in both asthma and COPD are able to generate the inspiratory flows from the inhaler to achieve a dose close to the label claim. Thus, prescribers can be confident that the device is suitable for a wide range of patients. Importantly in phase 3 studies the inhaler has been shown to be easy to use in both asthma and COPD with patients reacting favourably to the few number steps required for correct use and the ability to tell the number of doses remaining in the inhaler. Studies have also shown that patients prefer the Ellipta to other inhalers such as MDI, Diskus and Handihaler. Overall preference has been shown for Ellipta in addition to preference for a variety of specific inhaler parameters.
Ellipta is manufactured at GSK’s sites in Ware (UK), Zebulon (US) and Evreux(FR) will commence manufacture in late 2018. There are 3 key phases in the secondary manufacture of the product – Filling, Assembly and Packaging, all of which are carried out on dedicated custom equipment.
Production is ramping up on a steep trajectory and GSK must accelerate production capability working with our preferred suppliers.
There is a requirement for a dedicated relationship manager and commodity buyer for the custom equipment to be based at Ware on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- To manage the key strategic suppliers for the main respiratory supply chain, developing KPI’s, business review meetings to support the delivery and innovation required for the products.
- To develop strategies to manage the maintenance and spares for the equipment
- To establish the service level agreements and roadmap for development of equipment for the ramp up of supply.
- Has experience in process and packaging equipment capital purchasing for a large organisation and or multinational experience
- Has a proven track record working in capital procurement delivering to agreed targets and deadlines.
- Has credibility, strong communication & influencing skills and able to work well both within a team and in a matrix management environment.
- Has procurement or commercial experience engaging directly with and managing external suppliers and agencies.
- Created performance management reporting and stakeholder management workshops.
- Experience of coordinating capital buying innovation across complex stakeholder groups
- Good understanding of MS Office applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of MS Project (Planning Tool)
- Good understanding of MS Outlook (email)
- Good understanding of Share Point (Team Site) applications
- Experience with remote team working (live meeting and teleconferencing)