Supply Chain Analyst
From our support centre to our stores, Co-op Food is changing fast. Our renewed focus has seen us become the UK’s leading convenience retailer, but we’re not done yet. Now we’re looking for talented supply chain analysts to join us and help make sure our customers can always get hold of the products they love most.
As a supply chain analyst at the Co-op, you’ll join our energetic and collaborative team. We’ll look to you to build relationships with multiple suppliers and people right across supply to help constantly improve the availability of our products in store. You’ll use your knowledge and skills to analyse various trends and make sure our offer gives people what they want, when they want it. If you can show us the right level of drive and communication skills we’re after, you’ll have a unique opportunity to learn, grow and build a fulfilling career within UK’s number 1 convenience retailer.
What you’ll do
• manage the end-to-end product flow, from liaising with suppliers through to products reaching our shelves
• analyse previous stock levels and sales data to forecast availability for seasonal events and promotions to make sure that products are on the shelves, when our customers want them
• engage with suppliers across the category, adapting your approach to different audiences
• work to tight deadlines and timescales, balancing being reactive to issues with planning and forecasting needs
• resolve any availability queries relating to category within set timescales
• help manage the overall category strategic plan
This role would suit people who have
• outstanding relationship building and influencing skills, with a talent to build strong relationships with colleagues, partners and suppliers
• solid analytical skills, with experience working with large data sets and the ability to spot trends and provide valuable insight
• the ability to easily adapt and react to changes and conflicting priorities in a fast pace environment
• intermediate Excel skills (advanced would be an advantage) as you’ll regularly be using VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and formulas
• forecasting experience
• great communication skills, with the ability to challenge and question in the right way
• experience working in a large retailer or FMCG business would be an advantage
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.