Supply Chain Category Services Assistant
Circa £19,300 plus benefits
Manchester city centre
5 over 7 working pattern, shifts between 8am – 4.45pm, working 12 weekend days a year including bank holidays
We’re looking for a supply chain category services assistant to join our fast-paced and driven team. If you have customer service skills and organisation we need, we can offer you a fantastic opportunity to build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role, we’ll look to you communicate with depot colleagues, suppliers and hauliers across the UK; managing the booking of deliveries to any one of our 9 depots across the UK. It’ll be up to you to maintain ambient and frozen delivery information within our system, schedule deliveries and help run reports for depot inbound operation.
What you’ll do:
• work with our suppliers and depots to schedule deliveries
• resolve supplier and depot queries
• constantly analyse ways of working and spot opportunities to improve processes
• build relationships and work closely with different teams across supply chain and depot operational teams
• produce reports to support and influence decision making
This role will suit people who have:
• confidence engaging and building relationships with different people
• previous customer service experience, either in a face to face or phone based role
• experience working in a fast paced environment
• the ability to react and cope with change
• experience working as part of a team
• previously worked with Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel (crucial)
• supply chain or logistics experience – this’d be ideal but not essential
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and as an interaction designer you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
● competetive salary
● coaching, training and support to help you develop
● pension with up to 10% employer contributions
● annual incentive scheme
● 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
● discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.